2010 Steering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all -

My 2010 6.2 w/ 55k miles has developed an issue over the last few months.Last year I bought new BFG KO2's and Method DS and at first I thought my vibration ( steering wheel shake ) was the tire shop that mounted/ balanced them but then I had another shop do it and they said "bad tire"..........

Called BFG and was sent to local Discount Tire....they got it balanced to damn near 0...but still I have a vibration.. Here is whats weird ....its intermittent.....

Some mornings I will drive to work,same roads etc..no vibration ...next day..vibration

I can have CC set at 75 mph on relatively smooth highway and it will shimmy ( top of steering wheel shaking back and forth) and then 2-3 miles later its gone.

If im in a long curve on the highway at 75mph and hit a bump in road...the vibration comes back......

I have checked my ball joints,tie rods and rack bolts and they are tight.It is actually the steering wheel shaking and does NOT shake the front of the truck......I had a drink in cup holder and it wasnt shaking except when hittitng a bump.

I dont hear any whine from the steering rack as some have reported.

On a side note...when I dont have a vibration the steering feels solid.I will not throw parts at it..so I thought I would run this by other owners.

Thanks for any info