2010 scab trans shifts hard into 2nd ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turbo30

Reaction score
I have a 2010 scab with a 6.2 with 41,000 miles and it shifts kinda hard into 2nd i could be on the gas or driving it slow and easy and still does it just got the truck And should i take it in or does anyone else truck do it thanks any info would be great.

6point2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing usually when the truck is cold. I got mine with 19k miles and it's at 40k now. It has always done it. I've read other threads about this and I believe it's normal.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
i have a 2010 and it does the same thing when its cold out... does it happen all the time or just after starting it up? im thinking a tune may help as well... anyone with a 2010 5 star tune feel free to chime in!

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am with 2010 5 star tune still rough shifting when cold unless you are using economic tune it will be smooth but thats normal when cold

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am with 2010 5 star tune still rough shifting when cold unless you are using economic tune it will be smooth but thats normal when cold

Where are you? Might be time for a service trip.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing here. 67k.. I pick mine up from the dealer tomorrow. I had the heated seat fixed and the heater fan speed controller replaced under warranty. They told me the Trans needed flushed. I told them that the recommended flush is not until 150k. If it needs flushed at 40% of its useful life then there is a bigger issue. I told them that there is a TSB for this very issue and my warranty would cover it. They disagreed. I told them that my warranty runs thru June of 2015 or 107K which ever come first so I have time. I'll try another dealer next time.

sclark

Reaction score
So I just took my truck in because this got a little worse and then my trans started leaking. They replaced the pan gasket, shifter seal, and rear transfer case seal. Then they ran the 'Oasis' reprogram to reset the learning strategy on the computer. The truck no longer shifts hard in 2nd, but instead after coming to a stop will slip after downshifting into 1st. Really weird, back to the dealer it goes..

OP
OP
T

turbo30

Reaction score
Yes mine whent to shop also the Gasket was leaking on the trans they did a full service on it new fluids filter ect. It still shifts hard to second but nit as bad i think it is they way i drive it :) iam on the has hard when i leave a red light lol and when i take off slow it doesnt shift hard . But i have noticed that if i baby it when it shifts into the last gear it kinda revs up and jerks into gear but doesnt do it when iam on the gas .