2010 ford raptor tick and stall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmpizzi

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first post amd unfortnately because of a problem. I recently purchased a used 2010 ford raptor 5.4L with 95,000 miles at the end of march from Monroe WI. I have owned it for a little of a month and I have noticed a tick or knock. Today on the way to a shop it stalled in their parking lot. I took a video of it right before it was brought there. I'm very upset as I just purchased this vehicle at over $30, 000 & it dies on me. Anyways anyone have any idea of what may be wrong? I cjecked the dipstick there is oil in it. I put 1500 miles since purchasing it and I'm worried the dealer will not do amything to help since it was used. Thank you for all the help or feedback.
-David

Here is a link to youtube for the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrpvKnr-UdM&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmpizzi

dmpizzi

Reaction score
I first noticed the noise in my driveway after work one day last week. I thought it didn't sound good then the next morning it was back to normal. Today it ran fine, and then later i started it and the knocking came back. The engine sounded like a diesel. It sounds uniform or consistent to me. It may be a lifter, but it seemed to happen fast as i didnt own this truck very long. Most of the miles put on were from driving it to the upper peninsula of MI where i live. The dealership i got it from is 7 hours south of me, it is residing at my local ford dealership currently. Needless to say it was a bad day.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...The dealership i got it from is 7 hours south of me, it is residing at my local ford dealership currently...

Have you heard a verdict from your dealership, dmpizzi? Keep us posted. If you need any assistance from me, I'll be happy to check out some options. Send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll get to work.

Crystal

OP
OP
dmpizzi

dmpizzi

Reaction score
Thank you Crystal, PM sent.
I checked Into the dealership today, and they got it started saying they will run a full dynamics test on it once time is available. Ill keep everyone posted.

OP
OP
dmpizzi

dmpizzi

Reaction score
Well today I heard from the dealership it is a bad valve timing solenoid. The part cost $175 & is 5 to 6 hours of labor. I contacted ford and unfortnately they cannot help since the truck is over 60, 000 miles. So unless the orginal dealership helps out, I'm looking at a $500 or more repair bill.