13 roush raptor overheating/ other RR owner be aware

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoushRaptor661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 13 Roush went into the shop @4300ish miles. It was overheating. First dealership said the engine it self was not overheating but could not find the problem and was going to talk over a week for someone to look at it in further detail. I said hell no. Picked it up and took it to the other ford dealer in town. I has been there for a day a and a half and is now fixed. They found out a rubber ring to a clamp or something had been ate away by the coolant. Ford called Roush and ask about the problem and I guess it has been known now. Roush ok'd for ford to use ford parts that do not erode away with coolant. Problem solved. I am happy to have my truck back after 6 days. My 07 FJ was happy to pulled out from the side of the house for a week.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good to hear its fixed. Is this a part replaced by Roush during the conversion? I'm sure some of the guys who have done the install themselves would like to know in case they ever have the same issue.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This sounds strange for coolant to eat away a rubber ring and cause overheating. Did the rubber ring fall into a passageway and plug it up?

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's very possible, there are o-rings made to be able to handle coolant, if they used an oil o-ring or a fuel o-ring, it would have been eaten away by the coolant and caused a leak, losing coolant generally causes overheating problems

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well if it was losing coolant then it had a leak and would have been the obvious problem, but no mention of a leak by the OP. Also coolant would not eat away a fuel o-ring.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, roush talked about this in another thread and did mention they said it had a leak, and it also could be due to faulty manufacture of the o-rings, happens all the time, manufacturers have a bad batch of product, it's generally how technical service bulletins are started

OP
OP
RoushRaptor661

RoushRaptor661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did have a leak. It leaked coolant all over the top of the engine. Ford wouldnt show me where it was. When it cools off outside I will take a look at it and take some pics if i can.

Hawkeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now you have my attention. On the weekend poking around I found that the coolant
level was a little low. I topped it up and shrugged it off, now I'm going to be watching
it like a hawk. Please post the photo or give a description of the location so I can
check mine.

Thanks,

Brian.