12v dash plug question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jkysh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Tried to do some searching on this one but can't seem to find anything.

Just got my 14 SCREW delivered today and am LOVING it. Still learning everything but I have moved my radar detector over from my other car and am noticing it stays on when the truck is off and locked.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'd ideally like the radar to power off when the truck does.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just got my 14 SCREW delivered today and am LOVING it. Still learning everything but I have moved my radar detector over from my other car and am noticing it stays on when the truck is off and locked.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'd ideally like the radar to power off when the truck does.
They shut off as a battery protector after a certain amount of drain or time period.

Both my buddy and myself run radar and dash cam with zero issues. You should be perfectly fine!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Since you're still learning, the best part is this.

Push the traction control for sport mode
Hold down traction control for fun mode!

OP
OP
J

Jkysh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I'll have to leave it plugged in tonight and check in it. Figured something like this was the case.

Looking forward to discovering sport mode on the weekend!!

I'll post some pics shortly in a new thread location

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I did a hard wire to Aux 4 so the power shuts off when the truck turns off or when I flip the switch.
This way it keeps the wires out of my line of sight.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Have you considered tapping into the wires in the mirror? I did that using the BlendMount Wire Tap and it's switched power to my V1.

If you're interested you can search this site - 2017 Ford Raptor Wire Tap or Radar Detector install, etc.