110V plug loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone use their 110V plug on the back of the center console? If so, is anyone else's ridiculously loose? Its almost like the holes for each prong are cut way to big. Anything I plug into it falls out on its own. Are they all like that or is it just mine?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It wasn't a tight connection like a typical wall socket, but it wasn't gonna fall out. I drove for about 2 hours charging my iPhone with the 110V plug with no problems.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use their 110V plug on the back of the center console? If so, is anyone else's ridiculously loose? Its almost like the holes for each prong are cut way to big. Anything I plug into it falls out on its own. Are they all like that or is it just mine?

I have heard other owners complain about the same thing, but I do not recall the solution.

I use mine all the time and I guess Im lucky as I have never had an issue...My Raptor is a 2011.

Good luck. :happy160:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Just pinch the prongs together a little bit.

This. It has been discussed before. You can remove the plug either from behind or by popping it out and just pinch the socket prongs together a bit with needle nose pliers.

OP
OP
Steve-O

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This. It has been discussed before. You can remove the plug either from behind or by popping it out and just pinch the socket prongs together a bit with needle nose pliers.

Any tips or tricks to taking it out? I did a search in here but couldn't find anything. If you have a link to the thread, that'd be great.