Rock Deflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Heya boys,

Has there ever been discussion about developing rock deflectors in house? I've seen (sheet metal) rock deflectors for the rear end before, but I have not seen any for the front. I know there is some demand to protect the front door from that gap that allows rock chips, debris, and snow packing the door handles, but most guys (incl myself) don't like the look of mud flaps. I think if you could find an aesthetic way to fill the gap between the front of the side steps and the rear of the front fender, a lot of guys would buy into that sort of functionality. Maybe a bolt-on for the side-steps, or even a new ADD side step all together (race series?) that fills that gap.

Made a quick & ugly mock of what I'm talking about, just filling the gap between the front fender and side steps. Not digging this design exactly, but it gives you a visual of what I'm talking about.

fillthegap_zps0f0a621b.png

It seems to me like it wouldn't take much more material or any fasteners, and it wouldn't need to be weight bearing either. Just curious if it's ever been explored. I know I would definitely be more inclined to buy aftermarket side steps if this feature was included.

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
No love?

Hmmm.gif