Bumpstop and Frame Protection???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Addictive Desert Designs
Reaction score
Why even have 6 holes by the bump stops? Is that for looks only? I would rather have it solid for better support and also can't imagine all the dirt and mud that could collect in there. Yeah, what about the spare tire?

The holes are indeed for looks but the strength and support are not at all compromised. There are a couple of plates inside and with how it is designed with the cross member there, it is plenty of support and load protection for large impacts as well as twist. If you have anymore questions Im happy to help!

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump stop

I was looking at the ADD website, in search of this kit. I found three/four under the raptor section. Being a rookie to the world of raptor mods I have a few questions.

What is the difference between the kits shown on your site.

the first one - F series rear gusset kit - list $700. OK I see the difference here - no bump stops. got it. not in question

The second one - F series rear frame gusset/bump stop kit - list $1899
the third one - F series rear frame gusset/bump stop kit (for deaver springs) - list $1899
the fourth one - Ford Raptor stage 1 rear performance suspension kit - list $4099 .

So i figure the second and third are just the difference between spring packs so the real question is what is $2200 difference between the Ford Raptor kit and the f series kits? Aren't we talking about the same frames? Even if there are differences is there really $2200 in differences between these kits or are we talking about Raptor tax?
This is a serious question. I am not trying to throw shade here, as a matter of fact I am running ADD bumpers right now and I am really happy with the design, strength, and fit. Great products. I wanted to add a bump stop kit so i immediately checked into ADD and thought ok a few hundred more for a gusset too. Easy decision. Then I realized that I was looking at the f-series kits. Not the Raptor kit.

HOLY BUCKETS!!!!!! $2200 more?

If I buy the Raptor kit (having stock springs) will I be able to mod to Deavers later without having to change this kit?

Can I buy the f series kit instead? what limitations will that impose? If I did buy the F series kit what happens when I upgrade springs.

Got to be honest, I, ( probably like most of us) bought as much truck as I could afford. That means I can't fork over another $10k all at once in order to properly upgrade the rear suspension. I need to span that out over time or I get to face the wife a.k.a. financial manager with a will to kill.

So I guess its like this, I want one of these but not sure which one I need and definitely want to be educated about the differences with these kits before I make a decision. If the Raptor one is my only choice then I will probably have to go with a different kit due to the cost, or postpone the purchase for a while at least.

Thanks for the help.

D

Deleted member 12951

I was looking at the ADD website, in search of this kit. I found three/four under the raptor section. Being a rookie to the world of raptor mods I have a few questions.

What is the difference between the kits shown on your site.

the first one - F series rear gusset kit - list $700. OK I see the difference here - no bump stops. got it. not in question

The second one - F series rear frame gusset/bump stop kit - list $1899
the third one - F series rear frame gusset/bump stop kit (for deaver springs) - list $1899
the fourth one - Ford Raptor stage 1 rear performance suspension kit - list $4099 .

So i figure the second and third are just the difference between spring packs so the real question is what is $2200 difference between the Ford Raptor kit and the f series kits? Aren't we talking about the same frames? Even if there are differences is there really $2200 in differences between these kits or are we talking about Raptor tax?
This is a serious question. I am not trying to throw shade here, as a matter of fact I am running ADD bumpers right now and I am really happy with the design, strength, and fit. Great products. I wanted to add a bump stop kit so i immediately checked into ADD and thought ok a few hundred more for a gusset too. Easy decision. Then I realized that I was looking at the f-series kits. Not the Raptor kit.

HOLY BUCKETS!!!!!! $2200 more?

If I buy the Raptor kit (having stock springs) will I be able to mod to Deavers later without having to change this kit?

Can I buy the f series kit instead? what limitations will that impose? If I did buy the F series kit what happens when I upgrade springs.

Got to be honest, I, ( probably like most of us) bought as much truck as I could afford. That means I can't fork over another $10k all at once in order to properly upgrade the rear suspension. I need to span that out over time or I get to face the wife a.k.a. financial manager with a will to kill.

So I guess its like this, I want one of these but not sure which one I need and definitely want to be educated about the differences with these kits before I make a decision. If the Raptor one is my only choice then I will probably have to go with a different kit due to the cost, or postpone the purchase for a while at least.

Thanks for the help.

Pretty sure looking at their site that the Stage 1 for $2200 more than the normal bump stop is for the 12" 3 tube Fox by-pass shocks for stock shock mounts as shown in the description. They don't show a picture of the replacement shocks but you do see it on the Stage 2. From what I gather, you are getting Fox 3.0 Shocks with Stage 1 that use the stock location and Stage 2 is the large Fox shocks where you have to cut through your bed and includes the deavers, which would make sense why it's another $2500.

ADD typically give FRF folks a 5% discount. I would highly recommend buying through an FRF vendor here who sells ADD. They usually can get you the same ADD part for less and then both FRF vendor get a cut, it's a win-win all the way around because you save too.

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure looking at their site that the Stage 1 for $2200 more than the normal bump stop is for the 12" 3 tube Fox by-pass shocks for stock shock mounts as shown in the description. They don't show a picture of the replacement shocks but you do see it on the Stage 2. From what I gather, you are getting Fox 3.0 Shocks with Stage 1 that use the stock location and Stage 2 is the large Fox shocks where you have to cut through your bed and includes the deavers, which would make sense why it's another $2500.

Thanks for your post.

That would make quite a bit of sense for pricing if the Stage 1 kit was for a modified shock set up. If that is the case then I have the two F series options to choose from.
I take it if I go with the standard spring set up kit then I would need to change this kit out if I opted to go to Deaver +3 springs. Is that correct? What is the difference? Can the standard kit be correctly modified to accept Deavers?

D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks for your post.

That would make quite a bit of sense for pricing if the Stage 1 kit was for a modified shock set up. If that is the case then I have the two F series options to choose from.
I take it if I go with the standard spring set up kit then I would need to change this kit out if I opted to go to Deaver +3 springs. Is that correct? What is the difference? Can the standard kit be correctly modified to accept Deavers?

Not 100% sure, ADD would need to chime in @ADDJake
But my assumption would be that there is something different between the two on the bump pad. I doubt the actual bump stops kits are different. They might be using a spacer ring to have the bump shock sit lower too and you just remove it when you use deavers. Could be something like another vendor's bump stop. It has two configurations depending if you are using stock springs or even deavers, nationals or WSI. But if you use their multi rate leafs, then you remove the spacer ring to allow more travel. Not mentioning the other brand out of respect of ADD sponsor section.

But I would agree, ADD website for the suspension section needs a serious redo as it is very vague and no detail. I think if they did that, would help potential buyers purchasing their products. How it is now leaves you wondering, people might tend to look elsewhere, hence why even you have all these valid questions.