Bolt in Rear Frame Gusset Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

We took our time and looked real hard into the frame bending issues. We developed 2 different bolt in kits. The first kit strengthens the factory frame rails and adds a center frame brace that will prevent your frame from folding. The second kit adds to the first kit. This kit provides an additional cross member and King hydraulic bump stops.

First Kit

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Second Kit

main.php

main.php

main.php

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you were to be rear ended with this on, would it change the crumple zone?

OP
OP
Addictive Desert Designs
Reaction score
Looks good .any price yet?

Thanks, We are haven't finalized it yet, The whole kit is going to be around 2500 with king bump stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like a price on this too. Did Ford not fix this issue though?
We will see, lol

If you were to be rear ended with this on, would it change the crumple zone?

This product is intended for offroad use, with that said any time you modify or change the stock frame it can affect the crumple zone. Frames & Uni-bodies are designed to "***" up in the event of a collision. Good for the street, Bad for offroad.

OP
OP
Addictive Desert Designs
Reaction score
Looks good .any price yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The price has been set @ 1700 for the add parts and 500 for the king bumpstops, 2200 Total, Comes with Grade 8 hardware and installation instructions. Install time is around 3-4 Hrs. As a promotion we are offering free installation for the first 2 Kits sold in house.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No "issue" to "fix". Ford said the trucks in question performed as designed. It doesn't hurt to have something to help prevent it though.

Have to respectfully disagree. I have a slight bend and have spent a while reviewing all my gopro vids (about 2 hours worth of off roading so far with this truck) to see if I can spot figure out what happened. Nothing even remotely close to what caused the bends that some of those trucks got. Then again, my bend is very minor.

To add to that, I have received PM's from others in a similar boat. There is an issue. That issue varies depending on the level of impact. A small bump is a small bend, it seems. If I were the only case of this, I'd vote with you. But I'm not.

Bottom line, I'd highly recommend to anyone to install better stops. Those hydraulic ones look great.

OP
OP
Addictive Desert Designs
Reaction score
The price has been set @ 1700 for the add parts and 500 for the king bumpstops, 2200 Total, Comes with Grade 8 hardware and installation instructions. Install time is around 3-4 Hrs. As a promotion we are offering free installation for the first 2 Kits sold in house.

I almost forgot, If you just want the gusset kit and not the bump system the price is 700.