Bed Cover Friendly Chase Rack??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance of you guys making a version of this rack that moves the tire carrier high enough to clear a bed cover??

Attachments

• f-series chase rack lite-1.jpg
    f-series chase rack lite-1.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 462

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
It seems like I remember that the bottom of the chase rack incorporates the bed bolts for support. That's an awful lot of weight for just the top of the bed sides to support. But if the did some kind of gusset, I think it would work! You are definitely onto something.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fastcote

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, I absolutely love the look of the above rack, but I'm not (yet) willing to sacrifice the locking bed cover.

ADDGrant

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance of you guys making a version of this rack that moves the tire carrier high enough to clear a bed cover??

What type of bed cover do you have?

If you have flip style cover it won't let you flip it all the way as you can see but if you have a roll style it clears and allows it to function.

OP
OP
Fastcote

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What type of bed cover do you have?

If you have flip style cover it won't let you flip it all the way as you can see but if you have a roll style it clears and allows it to function.

I have the Roll N Lock.

roll n lock.jpg

It sure looks like the tire mount dips below the top of the bedsides!?!?!?
f-series chase rack lite-1.jpg

Do you have any pics of this rack mounted above a rolling cover???

OP
OP
Fastcote

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm assuming a custom build of the f series rack would be out if question? I rally like the canted look of the tire mount.

ADDGrant

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I'm assuming a custom build of the f series rack would be out if question? I rally like the canted look of the tire mount.

I'm sorry the only way we can make our chase rack work with a bed cover would be to lay it flat as it is pictured.