ADD Shackles For LPR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just finished some really cool shackles for the Luxury Performance Raptor.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
don't mean to go too far off topic, but still on the topic of shackles, are lift shackles a viable option on these trucks? With the top perch mod the rear always looks a tad too low in all the pics. A 1" lift shackle seems like it would be perfect with the top perch mod stance wise if it would work.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't mean to go too far off topic, but still on the topic of shackles, are lift shackles a viable option on these trucks? With the top perch mod the rear always looks a tad too low in all the pics. A 1" lift shackle seems like it would be perfect with the top perch mod stance wise if it would work.

Really if you are thinking about this... How about adding a 1in spacer on top of the jounce wedge, giving you your lift and a bit more travel before the jounce hits the frame... All ya would need is a block and longer ubolts...

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really if you are thinking about this... How about adding a 1in spacer on top of the jounce wedge, giving you your lift and a bit more travel before the jounce hits the frame... All ya would need is a block and longer ubolts...
Flame me if you must, but i would like my raptor about 4 inches taller :uhoh2: Not really a fan of blocks though, don't they make the rear weaker by lengthening the torque lever. I think a shackle may be a stronger choice?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flame me if you must, but i would like my raptor about 4 inches taller :uhoh2: Not really a fan of blocks though, don't they make the rear weaker by lengthening the torque lever. I think a shackle may be a stronger choice?

Ya but you cant remove the block and increase the length of the shackle to compensate for it...

Rat

Reaction score
ADD are you also going to reinforce the shackle hanger ? Nice looking !

As far as adding "More" blocks that Increases "axle wrap up"
Flame me if you wish ?
I guess I won't be getting any Rep points !

ADD so looks like deavers ? and stock lift blocks ? Deaver makes a ? + 2 would they make a + 3 or + 4 arch ? Really need longer leaf springs ? change rear shackle mount ? I'm confused here ! What are you trying to do ? excuse my rambling

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ADD are you also going to reinforce the shackle hanger ? Nice looking !

As far as adding "More" blocks that Increases "axle wrap up"
Flame me if you wish ?
I guess I won't be getting any Rep points !

Axle wrap is caused by too much flexibility in the system... and the very weak springs on the Raptor