ADD bumpstop/gusset high speed test runs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Yep, that was me, lol! I've been super busy lately so I haven't been able to sit and actually write about my experience with the kit so far. Incase anyone's wondering, that vid is just a section of what Jared and I ran through, those whoops in the vid were decent size but we did come across some bigger ones that day....needless to say it performed flawlessly. I also have to apologize for the qulaity and size of the vid, Micha needed to rotate the vid due to the go-pro filming it sideways (only way I could mount it securely and still get a good shot of the bumps), so it shrunk it and toned down the volume.....the original vid is much closer, detailed and louder:peace: We also hit a nice jump (the jump featured in one of my other youtube vids) but for whatever reason, the camera stopped filming before we got to it, I think the battery was dying. I am heading to Glamis in a couple of weeks and will be sure to get some awesome footage of this and everything else:waytogo: Like I stated before, the quality of the kit is top notch and the mounting of it can be done without taking the bed off. How it bolts in and the design and placement of the pieces leads to a very solid unit. The King's are obviously of a quality construction and look that you'd expect from such a company and I really like the o-ring on the shaft so you can see how much travel has been used. I'm not sure how much travel was used in the first run in the vid because I forgot to set it but it probably came close to using all of it.......the second run did not use all of the travel.

As for how it actually performs, well to be honest, there really isn't much of a difference........I mean, it's not something that gives more travel you know? Where I noticed it most was the jump, the ass end squatted down and came back up but settled more quickly, which was a welcome change. This is the kind of mod that allows you to run the truck as you normally would and give you piece of mind that there's another set of "helping hands" incase things get hairy. You would have to get the truck into the higher ends of it's performance (jumps, good size whoops, anything to get the suspension compressed really good) to notice the kit's advantage. I do like how it seems to bring the up/down motion in check quicker. I would like to play with the pressures in the bump's to see how they respond and in what kind of scenarios, I'm sure you could make it so that they would be more noticeable, although there would be a point where they could hurt performance. There's only 50psi in them right now per Brett King's recommendation. Mine are pretty close to the bump pads so they do hit when going over a speed bump or in and out of the driveway but to be honest, it's not very noticeable......or I've just gotten use to it. The bump pads are a solid piece but due to limited mounting area/options, the strike pad doesn't hit dead center of the bump pad, just wanted to put that out there incase anyone noticed that and wondered if they were mounted incorrectly. You could smack these pads with a sledge hammer and they probably wouldn't bend, lol. I've only been able to go out that one time since putting the kit on but like I said, I'm heading to Raptor paradise (Glamis) in a couple of weeks and will be sure to give it a good run down Sand Hwy. I'm should probably have my next mod on by then (right Micha?! :drool: ) so I'll be able to use a clamp to mount the camera.

McCredie a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering it looks like you are using a 4 in. stop right? Was wondering if any testing was done with a 2in. stop? I believe they just shorten the 4in. internally so there would be no diff. mounting, i could be wrong though. Thanks!