Winter prep Adams detail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had planned to have Opticoat applied to my truck, but couldn't arrange it with the detailer any time soon. My Xpel is on the leading edges, but I wanted the rest of the truck protected before winter weather arrived, so I did a full Adams treatment.

The process:

Adams Deep Wheel cleaner to wheels and Vortex mud flaps (these were from my other truck and haven't been installed yet, just needed to clean them up)

Pressure washer rinse (had a lot of mud to spray off, especially the undercarriage)

2 bucket wash with grit guards, Adams shampoo & wash mitt

Dry with Master Blaster Sidekick, Adams Great White drying towel & detail spray

Clay entire truck with Adams clay bar

Adams VRT to trim, hood decal, and Roll-X (helps to protect from me bumping the plastic with polishes & wax if done early)

Light polish with Adams Revive Hand polish, and removed 2 light scratches with Mother's scratch remover

Adams Machine Sealant (applied with my Porter Cable RO polisher), 2 coats allowing 24 hours to cure after each coat

Adams glaze, applied with machine glazing pad

Adams Americana Wax, 3 coats.

Wolfgang plastic sealant on headlights and taillights, to protect from UV aging.

I would have put VRT on the tires, but I hadn't cleaned the tires very well, so I skipped it for now.

The truck has an insane amount of gloss. It doesn't show up in photos very well at all, since the truck is terrain. For a truck that is Flat Dark Earth, this is a crazy level of gloss/protection. Adams stuff is the real deal.

y5e6e8az.jpg

atyqage2.jpg

e7yjupu8.jpg

eqy7etyp.jpg

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how to explain it but the more you use the detailer the deeper and wow it gets. Svrt cleans also I do try to get it as clean as possible first tho. Do the ah need the info on nicks thread I think it's 60/40 svrt/water

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looks great. i like the reflection shot in the 1st pic!

yes there is a mix that u can spray on as wilson said. i need to look again but its either 60/40 or 70/30. its in my review thread of adams

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck looks great. I say don't waste you time and money on the Dealer opticoat stuff. What you did is better for the paint and will last well into the winter. If you don't have accses to a heated area in a 3-4 months then pay a detail shop to do a wash and wax with your Adams wax it is about $110-130. I wax my truck every 3-4 months and it always looks great. In the winter I just have to spray it off at the quarter spray once a week ish and only use the soap if really needed since it is so harsh at those places.

The Adams detail spray and super VRT are great and I pray they are around for the next 40 years because they have become invaluable.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2 coats of machine sealant and 3 coats of Americana? I tip my hat to you, Doc. Truck looks damn good.

That being said, I'm super glad Adam's came out with a new sealant! I plan to pick that up soon.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks AMAZING Doc!

Thanks for posting up the pics and for using our goods!!