who uses ONR?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious who's doing the 2-bucket wash method - if you haven't it's worth a try! :)

Here's the ingredient list:

Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine - 32 oz. $17
The Grit Guard Insert (Red) - Fits 12 inch Diameter Bucket $9
Encore 30448 3.5-Gallon White Industrial Bucket (or get a 5-gallon orange one from Home Depot) :) $6
Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt $5
Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Cloths (Pack of 3) $8

Your investment of $45 gives you 32 car washes @ ~ $1.40/ea and your car will shine like crazy!

Essentially you're using only a few gallons of water, you can wash your car in a garage if you have snow outside :)
Here's a good autogeek writeup on how to use it Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: clay lubricant, optimum rinseless wash, no rinse car wash, optimum detailing products

We use it exclusively on all 5 of our cars now, just awesome stuff and you only have to use a few gallons of water - no hose!
and here are some washing tips! Winter Washing with Optimum No Rinse (ONR) | Ask a Pro Blog

hopefully this helps

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried ONR last winter and was skeptical, but it truly does work and there were no scratches or swirls. I still prefer my MTM foam cannon and a good old fashion hand wash with soap. I save the ONR for the cold months and when I just want to freshen up a fresh wash (like when it rains 1 day after a full wash).

I have found that 1/2 ounce of ONR in my was bucket with my wash soap when doing a traditional wash helps reduce water spotting.

I also highly recommend the Big Red Sponge over traditional was mitts. It traps the dirt better and keeps it away from the paint.
The Big Red Sponge

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
cool sponge! I need to check it out ;)

yes, this is awesome for days where you don't want to spray tons of water, and can even do this in the garage!