Wheel Wells + Teflon Dry Lube?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to my BIL the other day and saying how I wanted to Line-X my bed and wheel wells... then he told me that some folks will use the spray can Teflon Dry Lube to spray their wheel wells and then after mudding around, a simply spray with a water hose all the mud/debris falls off a lot easier.

Anybody ever try or hear of this?

carbonbigfoot

Reaction score
Haven't tried it, but makes sense... Anything that keeps the mud from sticking should help. Even if you did undercoat, bedliner, paint, whatever, the teflon should help debris release.

R

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"pam" cooking spray will do the same thing.

WD40, etc. Pretty much anything that contains a petroleum distillate will help things not stick.

Meg's Hyper Dressing @ 4:1 dilution in a pump sprayer works perfectly. After you've washed the trucks and wells, with the wells wet, spray the HD in there and let it drip off and dry. It will dry to the touch and look perfectly "new". They'll stay clean after that.

Meguiars Hyper Dressing 32 oz.

Otherwise Kalguard PrepNShine also works well on plastics

Kal Gard | Products

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good tips guys. I just got back from my new "Ranchette" and get this white rock dust on the tires that won't come off easy.
Hmm...Pam, I think I have a can of that crap aroung here somewhere.