What to get at autozone for quik wash..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oka..I'm going to attempt to wash my truck.. Going to a coin car wash.. anything simple and fast I can buy at autozone and use ?

I see these waterless car wash stuff.. This stuff Okay?

I was thinking pressure wash it at the coin.. and Use the waterless on a micro fiber towel to wash my truck..

also, any sealants ? Its going to rain tomorrow... LOL

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OKkay.. I got it done.. Truck still looks good... Like mirror..

I had some Adams stuff in the house..From 6 years ago..LOL

Any sealant I should put on? I had some Adams butter wax...So Lightly wiped it on.. but what else should I do?

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Do people still use Opti-coat?

Should I do this? or Anything better ?

I don't wash my car that often.. and When I do..I want to get it done as soon as possible.. I'm not that kinda guy that can detail my truck for hours..lol

Any suggestions ?

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adams detail spray is great for a quick wash and shine. Wash then rinse then spray detail spray and wipe off, it's that easy.

Yeah..I just used that today..

But I want to skip all this.. So thinking about opti-coat..

Do you have any experience with Opti? If you do.. any tips ?

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you absolutely have to use parts store level products I highly recommend the Rain X soap with the beads in it. For cheap soap the stuff foamed like crazy and I really liked using the stuff growing up. Waterless works great and I use it professionally but if a truck is super dirty you're better of going to the coin op wash first and then using waterless if there is still some film left over. I don't care what anyone says if there is sand or gritty dirt on the paint waterless is not a good idea. This is coming from someone who uses waterless daily in a detailing business.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Yeah..I just used that today..

But I want to skip all this.. So thinking about opti-coat..

Do you have any experience with Opti? If you do.. any tips ?

Look at getting CQuartz applied. Its what a lot of us are applying. A ceramic coating will make it a lot easier to wash in the future for sure.

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you absolutely have to use parts store level products I highly recommend the Rain X soap with the beads in it. For cheap soap the stuff foamed like crazy and I really liked using the stuff growing up. Waterless works great and I use it professionally but if a truck is super dirty you're better of going to the coin op wash first and then using waterless if there is still some film left over. I don't care what anyone says if there is sand or gritty dirt on the paint waterless is not a good idea. This is coming from someone who uses waterless daily in a detailing business.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Look at getting CQuartz applied. Its what a lot of us are applying. A ceramic coating will make it a lot easier to wash in the future for sure.

I have the Adams basic kit.. Still have Like half bottle of everything..So will be using it.. and I think I'll just order some more of Adams stuff..

Do they sell CQuartz at Autozone?

I would have to clay bar before doing this right? Ohboy..Clay bar nightmare..hah

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Adams basic kit.. Still have Like half bottle of everything..So will be using it.. and I think I'll just order some more of Adams stuff..

Do they sell CQuartz at Autozone?

I would have to clay bar before doing this right? Ohboy..Clay bar nightmare..hah

They absolutely do not sell CQuartz at Autozone... You would need a lot more than a clay bar to, WAIT........ Are you the plastidip overspray guy?

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They absolutely do not sell CQuartz at Autozone... You would need a lot more than a clay bar to, WAIT........ Are you the plastidip overspray guy?

HAHAH YES! It's Me!

Today I successfully Did my first Wash.. Without damaging my truck..

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHAH YES! It's Me!

Today I successfully Did my first Wash.. Without damaging my truck..

No no no, you need to go to a professional detailer if you're interested in paint coating. Or just stick with spray sealant. Yeahhhhh. Stick with sealant. Solid plan.

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Adams car wash soap + then sprayed the detail spray and wiped it off with the microfiber towel + then applied Adams butter wax and wiped it off with microfiber towel..

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

No no no, you need to go to a professional detailer if you're interested in paint coating. Or just stick with spray sealant. Yeahhhhh. Stick with sealant. Solid plan.

HAHAH I can do it !.. I think I can..haha

I washed my truck today.. and the paint looks good... Maybe I should try one section?