What are the best ways to clean a raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't used the brush since I did the paint correction lol.. I'm a little smarter than that :)

Sometimes I go to the car wash early morning and bring my buckets, car shampoo, and wool pads and wash the truck in the bay using their pressure washer only. People look at me like I'm crazy but screw them.

Very good, I was worried you might undue all your hard work! :buffer:

Before I got my pressure washer setup, I did the same thing. There's a quarter-wash near my house, and I would go there during the slower times when I would not have to worry about other people waiting.

-Dan

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my reasons for ordering a silver truck, it can be filthy but from 10' away looks great!
The truck pushes through the brush in Oregon all the time and is pinstriped from front to rear, but from 10' away looks great!
I fount a carwash that will take my truck and I take it there for quick cleanups.
At home I go out during the rain and wash it by hand, using all the recommendations here to do it the correct way. Before I let the rain do the final rinse I go over the truck with 'Klasse' for some polish.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha some of you guys crack me up. I like taking care of my stuff, have a few beers and clean, de-rust, tighten, grease, etc. goes for my truck as well as my ATV, tractor, etc. I like to know its been taken care of, especially when I drop 50k on a truck.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If y'all go to the drive thru be careful, had a owner of one tell me ( he saw my truck at restaurant and we were just talking), that the Raptor is to wide for a lot of those that pull you thru and will get stuck. I bet bad stuff happens then! I got a local place that hand wash, hand dry, vacuum, and wipe down everything inside and out 35 bucks.

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
If y'all go to the drive thru be careful, had a owner of one tell me ( he saw my truck at restaurant and we were just talking), that the Raptor is to wide for a lot of those that pull you thru and will get stuck. I bet bad stuff happens then! I got a local place that hand wash, hand dry, vacuum, and wipe down everything inside and out 35 bucks.

Would not want to get stuck in the automatic car wash near us. It's the longest one in north america!

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never have good luck at carwashes and always end up fixing spots that were missed. I have an extremely soft brush that is only used on my Raptor and a good quality car soap. I always use "wax as you dry" with an Adams car care dry cloth. Alternate every other day with their detail spray and soft cloth.

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
I never have good luck at carwashes and always end up fixing spots that were missed. I have an extremely soft brush that is only used on my Raptor and a good quality car soap. I always use "wax as you dry" with an Adams car care dry cloth. Alternate every other day with their detail spray and soft cloth.

nice