Wax Job.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
I just recently removed my mud graphics this summer and now I have the dreaded faded paint outlining where the graphics were. Anyone know the best way to go about blending the faded paint with the "new" paint that was under the graphics? I have a feeling it may be too far gone to try and blend it back in but not entirely sure, should of just removed them from the beginning when I bought the truck new! Live and learn I guess.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a normal wash/detail process?

1. Wash
2. Claybar
3. Compound
4. Polish
5. Wax

I would think the compound step would have the best odds of clearing it up, but I'm by no means a pro detailer. Speaking of which, that's who you should talk to. Those detailer guys who've been doing it for 10+ years know their stuff and could probably tell you exactly what to do.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would ask nick@adams. O bet their revive and polish or some fine machine polish would work then seal glaze and wax

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wash and claybar then start with the least aggressive method first. Start by using a paint cleaner or polish and then move up to a compound if needed.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you say faded, do you mean the paint under the graphics is darker than the paint that was exposed? If that's the case, you may just have to live with it, since the paint under the graphics was protected from the sun. The color is under the clear coat, you can only polish out the clear coat, not the color underneath.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GitErDunn

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
Yep the paint under the graphics is "new" the rest of the truck is faded over the years, buddy i talked to was saying he could maybe "cut it" whatever he means by that in the waxing terms, he's going to test a small spot on tuesday and see if it's doable or too far gone.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep the paint under the graphics is "new" the rest of the truck is faded over the years, buddy i talked to was saying he could maybe "cut it" whatever he means by that in the waxing terms, he's going to test a small spot on tuesday and see if it's doable or too far gone.

It's going to depend on what color your truck is, Blue and Orange will show the most fade. What color is the truck?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It will take some polishing, for sure. Probably what your friend meant by "cutting" it.

It's likely that it will never look exactly the same, but you can certain make some improvements to make the shades of black match more closely.