Wax on Graphics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you all pretty the beast up, have you ever gotten wax on the graphics? If so, does it hurt the material itself? I had mine waxed and didn't notice anything. My truck got dirty, as usual, now it seems that there is white residue on the bed graphics, wax is what I'm thinking. Any input on if this will ruin them?

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a bunch on mine, mr clean magic eraser and some water and it was good as new, won't affect the graphics at all.

D

Deleted member 12951

I am getting the bed and hood graphics. Are you saying that I won't be waxing those? What do you use then, the hood is quite a large area and I want to protect it.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use a quick detailer on mine.

x2 on that.

My truck has NEVER seen soap and water, NEVER seen wax and guarantee you my paint is an 11/10. You can drive down the road and when it rains you can see the rain beading off the paint job.

I use this and HIGHLY recommend it:

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g3626-ultimate-wash-and-wax-anywhere/

Worth whatever price they want for it IMO. I buy it by the case from Advance Auto online using their $50 off $100 coupons off Slick Deals.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put it on with the applicator then I buff it with a microfiber cloth to take a little bit of the shine off and to take out any streaking. It last a long time too. Water beads off it when it rains nicely too

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only wax that is safe for the stickers is 100% carnauba period. Very few people here use it. Over time it will accelerate the deterioration of the plastic. Automotive "waxes" as some call them contain a cleaning component as well as other chemicals that are not intended to go on go fast stickers.

Nothing you can do to keep them from fading.