Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum

Waterless Carwash Anyone?

This is a discussion on Waterless Carwash Anyone? within the Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Try this again... glitch had me posting this on another thread...anyways...As I'm stuck on an island without any way to ...

User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes

Sponsored By: Adam's Polishes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2017, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Waterless Carwash Anyone?
Try this again... glitch had me posting this on another thread...anyways...As I'm stuck on an island without any way to wash my truck. Has anyone tried a good waterless system? I found this one on Amazon:

Waterless Car Wash Wax Kit 144 oz. Aircraft Quality Wash Wax for your Car RV & Boat. Guaranteed Best Waterless Wash on the Market
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X04JRMU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_55TCybZG0PGSV https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X04JRMU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_55TCybZG0PGSV

There was also one by Chemical Guys:

Chemical Guys WAC_707RU EcoSmart-RU Ready to Use Waterless Car Wash and Wax (1 Gal)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003U53JYG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_66TCybZ6HV49G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003U53JYG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_66TCybZ6HV49G

And then Trinova:

Waterless Car Wash and Wax Kit - Clean and Protect Paint with one Quick Application
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JGQ1KXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_97TCyb23QHZ81 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JGQ1KXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_97TCyb23QHZ81

Oceanbnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

That Escalated Quickly...

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-NR201...timum+no-rinse

I've used this and was amazed. No scratches or swirls. Pure witchcraft but it works.
Oceanbnd likes this.

2017 Ruby Red SCREW 802A-Ordered 8/3, Built 10/14, Released from Factory 12/12, Accepted by Shipping Company 12/27, Delivered 1/19
crash457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Onr has been around the detailing world for years and is great in a pinch or as a quick detailer. It works well if your truck just has waterspots or is dusty. If your truck has a lot of grit or dirt on it I would not suggest a waterless wash Because unless you are an expert you will likely swirl your paint up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Oceanbnd likes this.

Last edited by Lightman; 01-08-2017 at 10:46 PM.
Lightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by crash457 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-NR201...timum+no-rinse

I've used this and was amazed. No scratches or swirls. Pure witchcraft but it works.
I'll second the Opti No Rinse. I've been using it for several years and it works VERY well. You can wash your truck in your garage with 2 buckets and a few gallons of water!
Oceanbnd likes this.
rohardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)

Waterless Wash is good for light levels of dust. You should use Rinseless Washing if there is more than dust, then regular two-bucket washing if there is sand or mud on the paint.

The key to a safe Rinseless Wash is to pre-soak any areas that are more than dusty, with the product diluted to about 16:1 (or 2 oz of product in a 32 oz spray bottle). Then use only plush microfiber towels, switching to a clean towel surface often, and roll the towel as you wipe.

Here is the Rinseless Wash Starter Kit that contains everything you need to get started.

Check out this video:

Check this out:
AdamsPolishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Lightman View Post
Onr has been around the detailing world for years and is great in a pinch or as a quick detailer. It works well if your truck just has waterspots or is dusty. If your truck has a lot of grit or dirt on it I would not suggest a waterless wash Because unless you are an expert you will likely swirl your paint up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I use ONR in my garage throughout the winter. When the car has a bunch of salt and dirt on it, I use a pesticide spayer, pumped up a lot, and spray off the dirt. I literally use the pressure of the spray to push the dirt off the car, and this presoaks it. I then use 2 buckets with ONR to wash the car.

It is amazing. Here is the car I use it on, and there are no scratches at all.
Attached Thumbnails
benz-detail.jpg  
Oceanbnd likes this.
Nateburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Nateburch View Post
I use ONR in my garage throughout the winter. When the car has a bunch of salt and dirt on it, I use a pesticide spayer, pumped up a lot, and spray off the dirt. I literally use the pressure of the spray to push the dirt off the car, and this presoaks it. I then use 2 buckets with ONR to wash the car.

It is also a metallic? white car, one of the most forgiving colors
BajaFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by BajaFred View Post
It is also a metallic? white car, one of the most forgiving colors

It is Diamond White, which is a metallic. Yes, white hides scratches, but you can't hide scratches from a xenon light. My car has no swirls or scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nateburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Nateburch View Post

I was in the professional, high end detailing business for many years. You can see that what Adam's says above mirrors my comments... I'm glad you are happy with your results with ONR as that is all that matters, although your picture doesn't really show whether or not there are swirl marks, you'll have to shine lights directly on the paint to know if you're marring the finish or not.. ONR and other waterless washes are good products if you don't have the means to do a proper, 2 bucket wash.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Professional detailer here in the OC. Check out Car Pro's new EcH2o waterless wash. I just switched over and the stuff is incredible. Combine that with the super thick edgeless towels and it works incredible! You can 100% use waterless without damage but you have to be extremely careful and technique is key. If anyone has any questions about waterless message me and I will get you sorted out and point you in the right direction if you're looking for anything.

Just FYI, my car has been coated with Car Pro's Cquartz coating now for almost a year and I have almost used only waterless wash exclusively for about 11 months and my paint is still incredible. I do have a few small light scratches but I have zero swirl marks. Waterless is seriously magic. Switching from the foam gun/three bucket method to waterless was a huge culture shock but I would never switch back. At least out here in Kalifornistan

CarPro EcH2o Concentrated Waterless Wash - 1000 ml | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

DI Microfiber Double Thick Edgeless Towel - 16"x16" Blue | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image
Ballistic likes this.
TRIMMELL is offline   Reply With Quote