Water Spots on bead lock wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skiz

Reaction score
I just bought a used set of 2014 beadlocks for my truck but they have hard water spots that don't come off with wax. Anyone have a good solution for getting spots off without damaging the paint?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just bought a used set of 2014 beadlocks for my truck but they have hard water spots that don't come off with wax. Anyone have a good solution for getting spots off without damaging the paint?

There is really nothing in wax that would remove hard water spots, unless they were so minor that just rubbing the applicator or towel on the paint would remove them.

Like @jeffkrgutility suggested, first try some distilled white vinegar. Wash the wheels first so that the paint is clean, the spray the vinegar onto one wheel at a time, work it around with your Wheel Brush or other cleaning tool, the rinse it BEFORE it dries. Vinegar has a VERY low pH, and should not be allowed to dry on the paint.

If that does not fix it, then use a Clay Bar with some Detail Spray as lubrication.

Next on the list would be trying a hand polish like our Revive Polish. using the Blue Hex Grip Applicator.

If the water spots are still there, then the wheels will have to be machine polished.

I hope this helps, and you are able to get them cleaned up. Let us know how it goes.

-Dan

OP
OP
S

skiz

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. The vinegar worked pretty well and you can only see the spots if you look really closely at the wheel. Eventually I will get a full polish on them but it's good enough for now!