Using a gas lawn blower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one use a gas blower to dry off their truck. It does knock water out of the door seams, ect but just rolls the beads down the line on the flat surfaces.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the time. It cuts down on drying time....

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing to remember is the better the wax/sealant on your truck, the more effective forced air drying is. It can be a very frustrating experience if you don't have a "slick as a baby's behind" paint, but what a joy to see those beads shed off if you do!.

I personally use a combination of forced air and waffle weave micros all the time. It definitely cuts down on the time I spend drying cars (and when I say cars, I mean carS). I own a detailing shop and production work can be a bear if you don't find time saving tools or techniques.

OP
OP
wanderfalk

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
downside

Only thing to remember is the better the wax/sealant on your truck, the more effective forced air drying is. It can be a very frustrating experience if you don't have a "slick as a baby's behind" paint, but what a joy to see those beads shed off if you do!.

I personally use a combination of forced air and waffle weave micros all the time. It definitely cuts down on the time I spend drying cars (and when I say cars, I mean carS). I own a detailing shop and production work can be a bear if you don't find time saving tools or techniques.

do the dedicated units like master blaster work better. to the point say where you do not need to use drying towels or at less cut it down to very little toweling.I often wonder if the lawn blowers blow grit or gas/oil .

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two stroke exhaust has oil in it, that is what I would be worried about. I have heard of several folks using the cheap Toro electric blowers for that very reason.

I would stay away from an electric blower...Water and electricity=Darwin Award

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a shop Vac 6.5HP electric blower with attachment for drying cars and it works just as good as my neighbors professional dedicated car dryer, also blows just as hard as my Poulan gas leaf blower.

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do the dedicated units like master blaster work better. to the point say where you do not need to use drying towels or at less cut it down to very little toweling.I often wonder if the lawn blowers blow grit or gas/oil .

I do not own a Metro blaster but I do know that they are well liked by the one that use own and use them. To say they work better would be a slight exaggeration. They do have some benefit (high HP in a very compact design)

I personally have a Stihl 2 stroke backpack blower (for big jobs), a cheap Lowe's electric handheld (for the smaller jobs) and my air compressor with a blow gun. I agree that careless operation may lead to some issues, but the exhaust off my backpack is directed to the back (minimizing residue being deposited on the clean paint) and I always dry top down to avoid debris being slung around. Also, I always dry the car in the workshop, which is kept impeccably clean. Under normal circumstances, I use one MF per car when using in combination with forced air, whereas I use up to 3 MF drying towel without.