turtlewax black box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joekai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this product yet? Just picked some up last night. Specifically made for black vehicles. Its a two step process.
Let me know your thoughts if you have used it.
Ill update once ive tried it
Thanks

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's equivalent to most other high end off the shelf waxes. I switched to meguiars ultimate paste wax. It brings out the color and shine a lot more IMO.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend the money on the "premium" off the shelf stuff. If you want good stuff, get actually good stuff. Adam's is a forum vendor and has excellent products and customer service.

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like most of the liquid waxes, it looks fine when first done, but doesn't seem to last long. It is messy too.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Black Box products, and any "color specific" product for that matter, contain dyes and fillers that have very little longevity. They have the potential of making your paint look very nice, but as the dyes and fillers fade/wash away, you'll be right back to where you started and sometimes worse off.

Reagansa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a clay treatment and the Adams this past weekend. Like glass. Truck sat under an evergreen tree that night and was covered with a thin coat of pollen. Sprinklers proceeded to turn it into a real mess (the bad kind, not like after a day running through creeks and mountain trails). Afternoon thunderstorm and clean as a whistle. Even my wife commented

raptordave

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do it right you definitely will tell a difference but like others have said it fades very quickly... Wish I read this first

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good product. But to me, Meguiar's NXT wax is still the best. imho.