Sweet baby Jesus, I will never drive though mud again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cleaning mud off sucks!! My OCD will simply not let me ignore mud caked on body or chassis. It'll take several washes before you get all of it off. Thankfully there was a guy with a pressure washer at TRR this year charging $20 for a wash job.

OP
OP

1fastdoc

Reaction score
I'm a tad OCD too.

Truck is garaged for the next week or so while I get it back to what I consider acceptable. Sadly now my GTR has to live outside since the truck takes up so much room. At least it is easier to clean.

Taking the running boards off is a good idea. Time to go shopping for a creeper.

I'm also now shopping for a pressure washer. Never used one before so I have some homework to do.

Is it ok to just indiscriminately go to town with one of those under the truck? What about the engine bay? I have hosed it down extensively but there is still plenty of dirt in crevices that I can't reach. And I think my hoses are now stained brown forever.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wrap all the important stuff in plastic bags, ECM, alt, fuse boxes, etc.

soak everything in APC under the hood,

scrub what needs scrubbed

spray down with just normal spray, don't pull the trigger

After Moab I was creeping around under the truck spraying everything out for a full two days.

get a short handled wand and it will be a bit easier. don't forget the face shield.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hell, I went through all that just driving on muddy roads in MT for a week. Took a couple days with a pressure hose to clear out the pockets. That clay crap stuck to everything !! I'd bet there's still some under there.....

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you can still see your running boards. You should have come to the Phoenix Open.

Attachments

• IMAG0655.jpg
    IMAG0655.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 53

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always take mine (not a raptor just yet, a Land Cruiser), through the car wash, then slip them a $20 and say, can you get the pressure washer for under her?

They always take the money and give her back clean. :)

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time I muddied the truck I had so much mud in the driveway I had to use a shovel to remove it. Mix a little mud with some cow crap and you have a tough few days of cleaning.