Stains on bumpers and grills To the guys at Adams.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allbizns

Reaction score
I guess This question is more for the Guys at Adams. I just purchased this truck this week when i originally looked at it it looked good then when the dealership took the truck and detailed it before i took it home they about ruined the bumpers and grill. I assume by spraying some kind of cleaner on them. When i told them to fix it at first they tried to deny it saying it was used and they were not responsible. I finally got them to take more money off the truck but i would like to see if you had something that might work. I have tried some of the over the counter items like back to black and trim cleaner,even used some auto body pre cleaner with no luck. Let me know what you guys think. I have attached some pictures.

Attachments

• DSC_0601.jpg
    DSC_0601.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC_0589.jpg
    DSC_0589.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0592.jpg
    DSC_0592.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 104

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI, it appears to be bug and tar remover. I used it on my front bumper, in direct sun. I was then distracted and 20 mins later... Bam, same stains as you have. subscribed.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FYI, it appears to be bug and tar remover. I used it on my front bumper, in direct sun. I was then distracted and 20 mins later... Bam, same stains as you have. subscribed.

^^^ This is likely the cause, or something along those lines. The dealership probably sprayed some kind of acidic cleaner on it and never rinsed it, or forgot it was on there, or who knows what. Dealers are notorious for shenanigans like this, then passing off the blame.

I'd try some All Purpose Cleaner on it with a soft utility towel to see if it will remove the stains.

From there, you can treat it with a plastic/trim dressing like our Super VRT.

Similar to the process in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7eb4-uZUmg

I'd start there, and then ramp up to more aggressive options if you aren't getting results.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^ This is likely the cause, or something along those lines. The dealership probably sprayed some kind of acidic cleaner on it and never rinsed it, or forgot it was on there, or who knows what. Dealers are notorious for shenanigans like this, then passing off the blame.

I'd try some All Purpose Cleaner on it with a soft utility towel to see if it will remove the stains.

From there, you can treat it with a plastic/trim dressing like our Super VRT.

Similar to the process in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7eb4-uZUmg

I'd start there, and then ramp up to more aggressive options if you aren't getting results.

shenanigans, THE WORD OF THE DAY! Hahahahahhahhaaa!

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
super-troopers-shenanigans-o.gif

OP
OP
allbizns

allbizns

Reaction score
Nick, thanks for the reply that is what i figured. Thanks for the video link as well. We have a local detail guy that is going to look at it tomorrow and see what he can do he said he has seen this before and has had some luck in the past cleaning it up. I have grown more fond of your products with each video i watch and all the good things everyone has to say here on the forum. I'm shure i will be ordering some items here shortly. Thanks again.