Spring cleaning fling 5/10/14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I am starting this thread for Nor-Cal and surrounding areas. Its been a long winter and cleaning these trucks is never easy. By May we will have beaten our trucks for the winter and hopefully seen our share of rain, mud, sleet, snow... This is the plan I have so far. May 10th Saturday AM for a truck cleaning day. I want to help others and I have cleaning stuff and pressure washer for heavy duty cleaning. I have vacuum and buffers, polishers, etc... I am looking for some of these FRF sponsor's to hopefully kick in some cleaning products for us to tryout.

Please let me know if you want to participate and help clean others trucks, in return we pitch in and clean your truck... I have a good sized area to break up what's getting cleaned where. I will provide food please provide drinks.. If you want to bring some food like a potluck great more is better.

The goals here...

Cleaning underside
Outside paint and trim
Engine compartment
Interior Vacuum
Interior wiping down seats and trim
Interior detail
Tires and wheels

Checking bulbs and lights for proper function

Anything anyone wants to mention please let me know thanks Icecobra

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great idea. Plus it's an excuse to get everyone together to hang out.

I was thinking of doing the Lost Coast run the first weekend in May. This would work out well as I'm sure our trucks will be dirty after the run. I know they were last year :biggrin:

OP
OP
Icecobra

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great idea. Plus it's an excuse to get everyone together to hang out.

I was thinking of doing the Lost Coast run the first weekend in May. This would work out well as I'm sure our trucks will be dirty after the run. I know they were last year :biggrin:

I spent 3 days cleaning after last year, this would make things a load easier for everyone to do top and bottom all at once and thankfully my house sits next to the storm drain... :rockit: I thought you would pick the weekend of April 26/27 its late I think enough to avoid much rain, will be warm during the day and not to bad at night puts it after Easter I think and before mothers day enough for everyone to plan on things around it.. I don't think anything else is about that time..

Last edited:

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spent 3 days cleaning after last year, this would make things a load easier for everyone to do top and bottom all at once and thankfully my house sits next to the storm drain... :rockit: I thought you would pick the weekend of April 26/27 its late I think enough to avoid much rain, will be warm during the day and not to bad at night puts it after Easter I think and before mothers day enough for everyone to plan on things around it.. I don't think anything else is about that time..

Lol, me too! I was surprised with how dirty it got.

They 26th might work but I don't want to run the risk of Sherwood Road not being open. We were lucky they opened it a couple days before the run. I get the feeling we're going to get more rain this winter so it might open even later. I figure the first weekend of May should cover us.