Spider Webbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

My newly purchased SCAB (blue flame) is showing some spider webbing on the clearcoat when seen in direct sunlight. I know this is from improper washing at some point in its life, but my question to you guys is whether or not y'all have the same issues? It's not so much an issue, rather just a nuisance to my very particular eyes... And I mean... its a truck. Let me know y'all's thoughts and opinions if you don't mind! Thanks!

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If swirls/scratches/spider webbing bother you, you're in good company here. ;)

Can you post up some direct sunlight pictures of them?

Polishing with a machine should be all that's necessary to remove them completely.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well NONE of mine have "spider webs".... Easy fix---you can fix it yourself (expensive because you have to buy equipment to do it right no matter what people tell you unless you are very experienced) or have it done by a good detailer. My vehicles are maintained by me.. Look like liquid glass.

Adam's has all of the chemicals you will need. I use a Makita 6040 if you have never done this before you really should watch and learn the first time then try it on your own imho..

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attached below are two pictures of the driver side rear fender... The truck is partially in my garage right now so just base what you can see in this picture for the whole truck. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 138

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it means your truck is breaking in and getting HOT!!

sorry, I thought this was the softball forums.. lol

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if the pictures don't show, I'm not by a computer at the moment

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Well NONE of mine have "spider webs".... Easy fix---you can fix it yourself (expensive because you have to buy equipment to do it right no matter what people tell you unless you are very experienced) or have it done by a good detailer. My vehicles are maintained by me.. Look like liquid glass.

Adam's has all of the chemicals you will need. I use a Makita 6040 if you have never done this before you really should watch and learn the first time then try it on your own imho..

I was planning on getting it professionally done this summer by someone I know is a 30+ year veteran at detailing. I agree, and I will observe him before I try it on my own. I'm moving out to Phoenix in August and I want my truck looking nice and spiderweb free before I take it out west!

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Moving to Phx in Aug? After 27 summers in Phoenix, and multiple summer moves there, have fun with that. Hit up the Salt River tubing when you are done.

Back on topic, I don't see the spider webbing in the image provided, only swirl marks.