Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum

Simple wax process with Adams products?

This is a discussion on Simple wax process with Adams products? within the Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of paint protection options available from Adams. I need to wax my truck ...

User Tag List

Like Tree11Likes

Sponsored By: Adam's Polishes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2018, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Simple wax process with Adams products?
I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of paint protection options available from Adams. I need to wax my truck but I'm not sure if i should get Buttery Wax, Paint sealant, H20 guard and gloss, the americana wax and the list continues.

Can someone help with a simple maybe two step process thats effective?

Also I got a bottle of something called " ceramic boost" I'm my mystery box And I have no idea what it does so an explanation of that would be awesome.

Fcfdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Buttery wax + a lot of detail spray will make your life much simpler.

paint sealant + wax makes for a long day, and unless you’re inside, not worth it given the pollen count in most of the USA about now.

wash, blast off water with a blower. hit with buttery wax. at the next clean, repeat but substitute the detail spray. wipe on while still slightly wet. I use the blower, spray the detail spray on and wipe with microfiber cloth.

I can complete the truck in 75-90 minutes start to finish with detail spray. Wax on wax off takes me about 2 hours start to finish. I let God wash the tires and exhaust.
AdamsPolishes likes this.
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

H2O Guard and Gloss after a wash is my go to, love that stuff. In between washes if it's just dusty the Detail spray works great....Hell it all works great.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Buttery wax comes off really easy, even if you get it on plastic. I think Americana last a little longer but it’s not as forgiving if you get it on trim pieces. H2O Guard applied once a month will prolong the effectiveness of wax and is one of my favorite products in the @AdamsPolishes lineup!
Raven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 239 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Fcfdw View Post
I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of paint protection options available from Adams. I need to wax my truck but I'm not sure if i should get Buttery Wax, Paint sealant, H20 guard and gloss, the americana wax and the list continues.

Can someone help with a simple maybe two step process thats effective?

Also I got a bottle of something called " ceramic boost" I'm my mystery box And I have no idea what it does so an explanation of that would be awesome.
There are a number of options, as you have found, for paint protection and enhancement. The various products available, most of which you mentioned, can be used independently, or a few layered to meet your goals.

The reason for having what seems like a lot of options is to provide a product that will meet the varying goals of our customers. A few of the above responses emphasize ease of use, and speed. Other customers are more interested in best protection or maximum shine, and are happy to spend a day, or longer, getting that maximum protection and showroom shine.

Synthetic sealants like our Paint Sealant provide the longest lasting protection, but take more care to apply then a more application-friendly product like the Buttery Wax recommended above.

Waxes like the Buttery Wax and Americana Wax can also give a warmer look to the paint.

If you are looking for fastest and easiest, then I would use H20 Guard & Gloss. Application is fast (watch the video first) and protection is good at 1-2 months. If you want the warmer look of a wax, then use Buttery Wax.

If you want the longest protection, then use Paint Sealant. You can make it last even longer, and get additional shine by adding H20 Guard & Gloss and subsequent washes.

If you want the maximum protection and shine, you can also layer the products. Apply Paint Sealant first, then top with Americana Wax, and finish with Brilliant Glaze.

Ceramic Boost is designed for use on top of the Ceramic Paint Coating, but it can also be used as a standalone product, applied to clean, dry paint.

Check this out:
AdamsPolishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Don’t forget to clay bar your truck BEFORE you apply any type of wax. If you don’t, you’re only going to rub contaminates into your paint/clear coat while waxing.

The ceramic boost you got is only if you had originally applied Adam’s ceramic coat. If you’ve never done ceramic then you’ve got a bottle you can’t use...go to Adams forums and submit a trade with fellow members.
Umlify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

The paint sealant works well and lasts quite awhile. If your like most of is, there is never enough time to what you would like to do. I prefer washing my truck these days with the cr spotless and either blow drying it or just walking away and letting it air dry.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Got it!
Thanks Y'all!

And yeah I don't have time to do much of anything anymore.

I think I'm going with buttery way and h20 guard and gloss and some detail spray.

Last edited by Fcfdw; 05-16-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Fcfdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

good choices. Their stuff is legit. i just killed my first bottle of Adams detail spray last week.

My Hop garden needed some rain, so I washed the truck and finished up with the detail spray.

keep an eye out for Adams polishes promotions too.
I’ve *heard* that CLEAN15 would be a good suggestion as a coupon code for an order until 2359 May 18th...
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Adams Paint Sealant, twice a year, H2O GnG while drying it off after a wash.
Attached Thumbnails
img_1614.jpg   img_1865.jpg  

The "Beach Buggy"
Join....
Frank N is offline   Reply With Quote