Silver Bullet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

russm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, got my Adams Brilliant Glaze and Americana wax.

Washed and dried the Raptor then used an orange pad and Klasse All In One (AIO) with a Porter Cable 7424. The paint was in almost perfect condition so there was no need to clay.

After the AIO I applied the Brilliant Glaze by hand. I did two panels at a time and then buffed off the residue, completing the truck before moving on to putting on the wax. This stuff went on very easy.....almost too easy and it had me concerned.....

I then applied the Americana wax by hand, doing one panel at a time, letting it haze and then buffing off the residue. I suggest not doing any more than one or two panels at a time as the wax can be a little difficult to get off if you let set up for too long. Again, this wax went on really easy and buffed out just as easily.

Amazing!!! While silver is a color than cannot get that deep liquid look of darker colors, the Adams products did provide a very rich and almost wet finish. Much better than anything I had ever tried in the past. I had been using Wolfgang and Blackfire but the Adams products gave my Raptor a more "wet" looking finish. I can now shave by looking in the door panel LOL. Never could do that before.

Thanks Nick for the suggestions :)

Russ Out

Too bad the camera and the cameraman cannot take pictures well enough to give the finish the justice it deserves.

Attachments

• DSC04332_zps758434ec.jpg
    DSC04332_zps758434ec.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC04329_zps3e4655e0.jpg
    DSC04329_zps3e4655e0.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC04325_zpsc5da2992.jpg
    DSC04325_zpsc5da2992.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC04322_zps2b9e12af.jpg
    DSC04322_zps2b9e12af.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 120

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks wet...really pops...use the Adams Glaze myself...easy on easy off...I am surprised how well the Glaze works on glass as well...

OP
OP
russm

russm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great man!! Did you do the decals also?

If by decals you mean the graphics on the body - then no.
If you mean on the rear window - then yes :)

Adding the glaze to the windows really does make them shine - I will use the glaze now instead of rain-x for the side and rear windows.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great results Russ, that Silver is shining!

The Brilliant Glaze + Americana combo is knows as the Facemelter, and for good reason!