Scratch Repair Side Window Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Forgive me if I don't have the right name for this part, so see attached photo. I had a tree branch rack the side of my raptor over the weekend, and while the scratches came right out of the finish with polishing compound, the trim pieces between the side windows (if that's what they are called) has very slight scratches.

I perhaps foolishly attempted to buff those out as well, but the material seemed to change in color slightly, so I stopped.

So, what material is that? Also, what is the best way to remove scratches from it? Also, if I did do some damage with the compound, what's the best way to fix that?

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 121
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 116

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would personally either repaint or get new ones. I do not have a raptor so I am uncertain on what the finish of those are but buffing the wrong item on a vehicle can cause irreversible damage.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe try a vinyl wrap...I thought about doing mine with some of the left vinyl from the hood...just an idea...

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Maybe try a vinyl wrap...I thought about doing mine with some of the left vinyl from the hood...just an idea...

That's a great idea. However, looks like the molding is only about $60. Not sure how hard it is to install...if I decide to do that.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great idea. However, looks like the molding is only about $60. Not sure how hard it is to install...if I decide to do that.

That would be my question as well...how hard to install...I would be interested to hear more as well on the install...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wrap it as it would be MUCH cheaper. And the wrap would provide protection should you be playing in the woods again. And if you were to scratch the wrap then remove and install a new one.

Last edited:

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't even worry about it. You can't see it unless zoom in, so that's one of those 20' scratches. Can't see it unless you're right up on it. If it bugs you that bad I concur with Fire get the Plastidip.