Salted Roads - How do you keep rust free?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I just moved to Wisconsin from Texas and want to know how y'all keep your vehicle's from rusting?

I figure washing, buy how often? I am totally new to snow and salt, and want to keep my vehicles rust free.

What are YOUR best practices?

Thanks!

I'm in the northern part of Illinois so we get the crap that Wisconsin gets. Mines a daily driver and gets filthy in the winter. I wash it regularly and it stays in the garage. No rust except for the typical undercarriage surface stuff.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
TScozz

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really appreciate the advice y'all! I already purchased some Amsoil undercoating from @Mariner. This was truly helpful!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I just moved to Wisconsin from Texas and want to know how y'all keep your vehicle's from rusting?

I figure washing, buy how often? I am totally new to snow and salt, and want to keep my vehicles rust free.

What are YOUR best practices?

Thanks!

Hahaha drive your wife's car whenever snow on the ground or get a beater

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I was looking for, and the second time Amsoil HDMP was mentioned. I will make sure I pick it up! THANK YOU!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
The Amsoil HDMP is a really good product. You might want to buy a case from @Rookie. You can spray it on the shocks as well. I also recommend that you reapply every year.

The Ziebart is good as well. Will cost you a few hundred, and you won't get your hands dirty, but finding one in the Midwest may be hard. It also comes with a warranty.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

Post a pic ofyour Raptor here:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=1010754
♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Vote for a pic here: vvvvvvvvvvvv
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=1010757

SCHOEBEL

Reaction score
The Amsoil MP or HDMP works great. We have a fleet of 20 Semi Trucks here in Wisconsin and it helps against corrosion big time. Especially in the winter with the salt and the liquid "Calcium Chloride" shit they now spray on the roads as well. This will be my first winter with the Raptor but my last truck 2010 F150 SCREW I had for 5 years here in Wisconsin and I wash it twice a week in the winter sometimes more, have a heated wash bay at my shop I just sold this truck recently and there was no rust on it at all even the underside of the cab and bed were rust free after 5 years of Wisconsin winters.

J. Wolfe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm from Michigan and we salt if there is a hint of snow in the forecast. I had mine done at Ziebart last year, and I also told them to not do the shock bodies, so I sprayed those with Fluid Film and it made it through last winter really well. The shocks were really dirty last Spring, but a little WD-40 and they looked like new. This year I took it back in for the inspection and touch up and reapplied the fluid film on the shocks, ready for winter. Also the weekly washing and the Adams products really help.