Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been wanting to post for a month or two about my runnimg boards. Since day one they were never really were clean looking but over the year they now look like this.
I have not waxed the truck yet, but I wash it every two weeks. Did put armorol on them once and the last time I will not do that again :)
This is right after I washed and scrub those things, I wonder if this is from acid rain and would this be covered under warranty?
I have not be off road yet, hunting trip got canceled.

IMAG0154.jpg IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg IMAG0156.jpg

Last edited:

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you think the armoral did that to the boards i know its bad didnt know it was capable of that damm i believe birdman had something to clean them

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow... I never use anything on them except wesleys bleach cleaner and mine look great still... It sure looks like there is a build up of something on it.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put armoral on them the about 10 months ago but I don't think armoral did that, since I had to wash it off the next day after falling flat on my back.

That's what I thought but I use a soft brush and tried to scrub them. this is stained like that or the black is wash away.

Since I live in the clean streets of NYC I'm guessing I ran through somethig in the rain and it burnt in like that.

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put armoral on them the about 10 months ago but I don't think armoral did that, since I had to wash it off then next day after falling flat on my back.

That's what I thought but I use a soft brush and tried to scrub them. this is stained like that or the black is wash away.

Since I live in the clean streets of NYC I'm guessing I ran through somethig in the rain and it burnt in like that?

Since that is a rubber/poly based material maybe the auto parts place has something to use or, how about calling a spray on dealer and ask them what they use to clean off

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put armoral on them the about 10 months ago but I don't think armoral did that, since I had to wash it off then next day after falling flat on my back.

Since I live in the clean streets of NYC I'm guessing I ran through somethig in the rain and it burnt in like that?

Take them off, get em LineXed and put em back on.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take them off, get em LineXed and put em back on.

That's what I'm going to do.. planning on Line-Xing the running boards, fender flares and the rear wheel wells.

Truck can't get here fast enough! I have a LOT of stuff waiting for it and to be done to it. lol.. much to my wife's dismay.

~BGM

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you cant line x over that. You got to strip it all off.. Kinda like RTV wont stick on old dry RTV...

If thats the case it would probably be a real bitch as the stock material doesn't seem like anything that is coming off too easy