Rotary polisher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As described in my recent post, I've ordered a sealant, glaze, and wax from Griots and Adams.

I'm dreading all of the elbow greese that it will take to do the three steps on the Raptor. I'm considering a Rotary polisher, yet I worry about doing more harm than good because i've never used one.

Griot's was kind enough to send me a 15% off coupon for my next order. I'm considering ordering the following machine:

Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital - Griot's Garage

Whats ya'lls opinion on this?

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that Griots and it works great. Lifetime warranty too unless they changed policy in last 6 months.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the meguiars g110v2 is fantastic, I had one and it was a dream to use on my old M3's, S2000's, and WRX's paint

The harbor freight one has a little bit more power than the g110v2 or the PC 7424xp, and is quite a bit cheaper. Easier to remove swirls and such, but no idea about reliability.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd strongly suggest against a high speed rotary if you've never machine polished before. The risk/reward ratio is just too high in my opinion. Yes, they offer a fast rate of correction, but spend just a second too long on an edge where your clear coat/paint is thin and you'll have a strike though. Bad news.

Take a look at the Flex 3401. It's a true dual action machine, it orbits and rotates at the same time, making it a much more powerful machine than an orbital like the PC 7424XP.

The Flex is the workhorse in my garage, and is a VERY popular machine with our customers. Also, any machine purchased though us comes with a backing plate included and we warranty it FOR LIFE!

Machine Polisher Kits

OP
OP
M

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might just do it the hard way by hand. All of my polishes/protectants have arrived. There sure are mixed reviews on whether to apply griots sealant before or after the glaze and wax. I've pretty much decided against applying over the hood and bed graphics.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can and will buy the best product that exists for a specific task when it comes to keeping the vehicles perfect. After my research and using a few my tool at home that i use at least 3 times a month is the Makita 6040.

Some may be lighter but for me it is the perfect machine.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick - why do u say the Griots is not a true dual action?

I don't think I said that...but at any rate, the Griot's is a random orbital polisher like the PC 7424XP, just with a more powerful motor in it.

The Flex both rotates (RPM) and orbits (OPM), hence the dual action moniker. That forced rotation makes it a much more powerful machine, while still remaining safe for use in the hands of a novice since the RPMs at which it spins remains well under that of a high speed rotary buffer.