Road Paint compliments of DOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going home last night after work, I seemed to have picked up some fresh road paint. I don't remember passing any cones or signs to warn me of road crews painting new yellow lines. In any case, I woke up to find yellow paint on the driver's side of the truck. Luckily, I have mudflaps and that saved a lot of the painted area. Are there any suggestions on how to get the road paint off without damaging the truck paint?

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 61

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That sucks. I had the black top shit all over not too long ago. Luckily it's black so wheel wells aren't noticeable but it doesn't come off of vinyl very well. Pissed me off for a good week

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Yea I havnt had the road paint issue, but the road tar freaking sucks. One of my main roads i travel just got redone and I got about a trillion spots of tar all over the truck. I've been too busy to clean them off, so I'm hiding them under a thin layer of dirt. Lol

OP
OP
goinsvt

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the suggestions. I read on the internet (so it must be true) that WD40 works fairly well. I'll try that first. I can get the yellow paint off the clearcoat with my fingernail fairly easily so that's promising. The running board and wheel well are going to be a bit more difficult though.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the clear coat, use a clay bar with some detail spray. If the WD-40 does not work on the wheel wells, try 3M adhesive remover or a graffiti remover, like Krud Kutter.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going home last night after work, I seemed to have picked up some fresh road paint. I don't remember passing any cones or signs to warn me of road crews painting new yellow lines. In any case, I woke up to find yellow paint on the driver's side of the truck. Luckily, I have mudflaps and that saved a lot of the painted area. Are there any suggestions on how to get the road paint off without damaging the truck paint?

We're you able to get that paint off? I have some on mine I would like to get removed?

OP
OP
goinsvt

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're you able to get that paint off? I have some on mine I would like to get removed?

I got the paint off the paint off the clear coat by scraping off the larger splatter with my fingernails and a little elbow grease on the finer mist spray. No luck on the running board and wheel wells but I haven't tried any of the suggested products on it yet.