Removing scratches from brushed metal plastic dash trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I put a couple scratches in my brushed metal plastic dash piece just above the glove box. Does anyone know of a way of removing them?

I was thinking of trying some 0000 steel wool but I'm afraid of damaging it even more.

Steve H.

OP
OP
RaptorSteve

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:hahano:

Yeah, I suppose I should just get use to the fact that things are going get damaged and scratched on a truck like this if you use it correctly. :)

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Oh, I meant to say that the scratches occured during the very frustrating soldering of the upfitter wires under the dash. "**** you" again Ford!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's plastic that looks like brushed metal.

In that case don't use the steel wool I think it would just wear down the finish.
I remember someone posting that they had actual real stainless trim that came with the blue accent and not the plastic. :disgust:

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that case don't use the steel wool I think it would just wear down the finish.
I remember someone posting that they had actual real stainless trim that came with the blue accent and not the plastic. :disgust:

Yep, blue interior trim has actual metal trim, which gets nice little dings when your wife hits it with her ring and seatbelt.:mad:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I put a couple scratches in my brushed metal plastic dash piece just above the glove box. Does anyone know of a way of removing them?

I was thinking of trying some 0000 steel wool but I'm afraid of damaging it even more.

Steve H.

treat it like paint, because that's what it is. if you can feel them with your fingernail, try car wax or touch up paint. if they are just light scratches or scuffs try a mild automotive paint polish and/or wax.