Removing adhered pollen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In those photos, it doesn't look like adhesive. Looks stained, almost like rust stains. I would try wheel cleaner with a soft brush. Or mineral spirits, again with a soft brush. Might even clean up with just soap and water too. When your done spray with in & out spray or undercarriage spray and they'll look nice and black again.

Okay, I tried soap and water again. That didn't work. Also tried Meguairs wheel cleaner & tire cleaner and also didn't work. I have yet to try goo gone, Adam's, mineral spirits or the purple stuff. I'm really stumped how they can be stained yellow. I haven't had any chemicals spill on it and it's only on the driver's side. Will keep trying the other suggestions when I have some time

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be reaching for Fast505, and then Kerosene at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you tired a pressure washer? Mine came out looking real nice after a blast with the 15 degree tip.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The coarse finish of the running boards seems to attract debris. I treat them like I treat exhaust, wheel wells and (most of the time) the under carriage...

I let God clean them off.

get some more dirt on the truck to cover the pollen on the running boards. The pollen is annoying because it makes everything look like $hit. Dirt is less annoying, and can lend some limited mall-cred at starbucks.

scrub brush and dish soap. if that isn’t strong enough, simple green. don’t use chemicals this strong on your waxed surfaces, or paint sealed surfaces, it’s only for extreme cases.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never got it figured out bc of my accident. Truck has been in the shop since then and no time off from work yet. Hopefully the detailer the shop uses can figure it out for me. Thanks for the suggestion guys, I appreciate it.