Raptor decal Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

triggerfish

Reaction score
I've only had my Raptor for a month or so, and I'm pretty new to having a car with decals on it.. and after some searching, I've read several different things on how to properly maintain and take care of the (expensive) decal(s) so that it last a long time (and looks good!).

First I'm curious to ask those owners that have had decaled Raptors for a few years, and what you've done to the decals, IE, left them alone and just washed them with the truck, used a wax on them, used a finishing spray (such as Zaino Z6 or Z8), or I've even read of people armor-alling the decals.

I am mostly interested in the black hood decal also.. but interested in the side ones as well.

So, who has some feedback on this that they can share so I don't F up my decals? :ROFLJest:

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Car Wax. You can put this stuff on everything. It wont leave any white residue. I use it on door handles, window trim, graphics. I tried everything on all my vehicles over the years, and I really love this stuff.

VA Soldier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Car Wax. You can put this stuff on everything. It wont leave any white residue. I use it on door handles, window trim, graphics. I tried everything on all my vehicles over the years, and I really love this stuff.

I use the same and love it.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chemical guys makes a matte vinyl quick detailer that works great. Leaves a satin shine with UV protection.

SPI_995_16-2T.jpg

Last edited:

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Lemon Pledge on my decals. Works perfect. I spray on a clean microfiber towel and wipe it on the decal. Then flip the towel over and wipe up the excess. Keeps them clean and doesn't build up wax. I would be interested in trying the Chemical Guys treatment though.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whether this is the correct way to treat your decals or not, this is what I have done since day one : I use the same wax that I use on the paint on my decals and because my truck is black, I use turtle wax "black detailer" on the truck and the decals. I do have some deep scratch's from bush's that don't come out, but you only see them if you are up close. I use a very soft toothbrush to clean out the wax around the edge of the decals after I wax them. I have never had any of my decals lift or crack, they have held up really well.

Meyercord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use this to protect
Chemical Guys Jetseal Matte - 16 oz | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

Use this after washing/ for quick touch up. I used a prototype version years ago that worked awesome, and this ones even better.
Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer (MMD) - 16 oz | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

Use this to help drying your car. Spray on the car after sheeting most of the water off and dry as you usually would. A little bit of extra protection and no extra work.
Chemical Guys HYBRID V7 - Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant - 16 oz | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The quick detailer works great also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk