Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum

products for non garaged tuxedo black

This is a discussion on products for non garaged tuxedo black within the Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
There are a lot of different threads on detailing and cleaning on here. I have a 2012 tuxedo black raptor, ...

User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By GizmoVance
  • 2 Post By Raven13
  • 1 Post By nodirt
  • 1 Post By Raven13
  • 2 Post By AdamsPolishes
  • 1 Post By ittybittyfds
  • 1 Post By RAPTORSV

Sponsored By: Adam's Polishes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default products for non garaged tuxedo black
There are a lot of different threads on detailing and cleaning on here. I have a 2012 tuxedo black raptor, parked in driveway, in florida. Would like some direction on what items to use for wash and to keep a nice glossy look for some time.

nodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by nodirt View Post
There are a lot of different threads on detailing and cleaning on here. I have a 2012 tuxedo black raptor, parked in driveway, in florida. Would like some direction on what items to use for wash and to keep a nice glossy look for some time.

One word....

Adam's!

They'll hook you up; give them a call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AdamsPolishes likes this.
GizmoVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

X2 on Adams! My tuxedo black sits outside as well and in the Texas heat. I highly recommend all of their products. I use the Paint Sealant every 5-6 months and Americana Wax about every 2-3 months and H2O Guard and Gloss every other wash and my 13 still shines like new.
Raven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Raven13 View Post
X2 on Adams! My tuxedo black sits outside as well and in the Texas heat. I highly recommend all of their products. I use the Paint Sealant every 5-6 months and Americana Wax about every 2-3 months and H2O Guard and Gloss every other wash and my 13 still shines like new.
Pretty much what i'm looking to do, thanks guys, i'll give them a call
nodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Pretty much what i'm looking to do, thanks guys, i'll give them a call
You can access their website from link on this forum, type in raptor in the promo code for 10% off
Raven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)

For a truck that lives outside in the sun and heat, apply Paint Sealant to keep the paint protected and shiny, and then at your next wash, use H2O Guard & Gloss on the whole truck. This product will add protection to all the exterior surfaces (except the tires). It provides additional protection and gloss on the paint, and also protects and enhances the plastic and rubber trim, vinyl graphics, glass, lights.

Both of these protection products are synthetic sealants, so they hold up to the heat and sun better than a traditional wax. The Paint Sealant provides up to 6 months of protection, and the H2O Guard & Gloss lasts about 2 months. The great thing about the HGG is that it is easy to apply, as you dry the truck, so you can even use it once a month.

For the tires, VRT will make them look great, and provides UV protection.

Check out this thread for additional info on the products, and for links to write-ups on how to make you Raptor look great.

Adam's Polishes Detailing Guide

Check this out:
AdamsPolishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have a tuxedo Black Raptor and I am a Adams Addict. I pretty much only use the waterless wash now instead of the Detail Spray. It does enhance the Tuxedo Black IMO. I dont go anywhere without a bottle of Waterless and SuperVRT. I am about to do a ceramic coat and that is something you should consider being in Florida.

2012 Tuxedo Black SCREW, Fully Loaded, MBRP Turndown, S&B CAI,93P 5Star, Mid Perched, KC C3 Cube LEDs, KC Amber C3, 20" OSRAM LED Light bar, 40" Cree Light Bar, Gen2 LED Headlights, R1 Concept Premier Rotors, Line-X bed liner, Undercover Flex Bed Cover, 18' Fuel Throttle wheels w/ 35x12.5x18 Toyo Open Country R/Ts, Pacer LED Cab Lights, TYT-9000D VHF Radio
ittybittyfds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Bought mine new 2013 Tux Black. Used the Adams Swirl Killer a few weeks back. Paint was in such good condition all it needed was the finishing polish and sealer. This was the first time it's ever had any machine polish. Looks like new. All I've ever used in the past was paint sealer, foam cannon with Adams soap or waterless wash when it was only dusty and either H2O G&G or detail spray. As long as you use quality products and towels, the Ford factory paint should stay new for a long time. In all fairness the weather here is easy on paint compared to states that have seasons.