Pressure washer recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Adam's gun has a 3/8" male quick connect, so you need a 3/8" female socket quick connect coupler for your hose.

The variable is what kind of threads are on your hose end. Many hoses are 3/8" NPT threads but they can also be 1/4" NPT or M22.

You can find these quick connects at Home Depot or Lowes which makes it easy to get the correct one by taking the gun and hose with you. Or if you know what threads are in your hose you can order one online.

Once you get the gun, you can also take the male quick connect off and if the threads are the same as your hose, just take the quick connect to the store to match it up.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/foam/adam-s-foam-cannon-snub-nose-combo.html

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Here's an example of a female coupler with 3/8" NPT threads.

Forney 75129 Pressure Washer Accessories, Quick Coupler Female Socket, 3/8-Inch Female NPT, 4,200 PSI https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003X5PR8Y/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

This is the typical replacement hose. I had to replace mine awhile back because it got cut. Bought from Lowe's, they were all the same. What I can't find is the male end to connect to this to convert to the 3/8" female quick coupler. I have no way to connect to the coupler you linked to on Amazon.

View attachment 98487

Last edited:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can see this is a female end and the thread is not compatible with anything I can find. So how do I attach that to Adams snub nose attachment?

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the typical replacement hose. I had to replace mine awhile back because it got cut. Bought from Lowe's, they were all the same. What I can't find is the male end to connect to this to convert to the 3/8" female quick coupler. I have no way to connect to the coupler you linked to on Amazon.

View attachment 98487
What brand hose? It looks like it has M22 threads, but I want to verify. Some of the small electric pressure washers have weird connections.

Last edited:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know the brand of the hose, I bought from Lowe's. The pressure washer is Troy Built Honda gas. 3000 psi, 2.7 gpm. It's a couple years old, they have cosmetically changed them, but the new ones are still the same engine etc. today

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the brand of the hose, I bought from Lowe's. The pressure washer is Troy Built Honda gas. 3000 psi, 2.7 gpm. It's a couple years old, they have cosmetically changed them, but the new ones are still the same engine etc. today
OK, I'm 99% sure that it would have M22 threads. Order this set from Amazon. The brass fitting on the right would be installed on your hose, the silver fitting on the left would be unstalled on your existing gun. You will then be able to switch between the Adam's Snub Nose and your existing gun (after relieving the pressure in the hose).

The M22 fittings do not need thread tape since they use o-rings.

Twinkle Star Pressure Washer Adapter Set Quick Connect Kit, TWIS291 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QNT94D/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

41e93db112cc8df9946ecc91bb6efd8e.jpg

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the original one, I cut off the old hose in hopes of finding a quick connect someday.

Last edited:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, I'm 99% sure that it would have M22 threads. Order this set from Amazon. The brass fitting on the right would be installed on your hose, the silver fitting on the left would be unstalled on your existing gun. You will then be able to switch between the Adam's Snub Nose and your existing gun (after relieving the pressure in the hose).

The M22 fittings do not need thread tape since they use o-rings.

Twinkle Star Pressure Washer Adapter Set Quick Connect Kit, TWIS291 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QNT94D/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

41e93db112cc8df9946ecc91bb6efd8e.jpg

Ok, I will get and keep you posted.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I will get and keep you posted.
When I bought all my stuff it cane female to female like yours but they have me a male to male adapter to go on mine to connect multiple hoses.

Anyways point is all of this stuff is at Lowe's and home Depot instead of hoping you buy the right things on Amazon you could always go there and physically put things together and make sure you've got everything you need

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I bought all my stuff it cane female to female like yours but they have me a male to male adapter to go on mine to connect multiple hoses.

Anyways point is all of this stuff is at Lowe's and home Depot instead of hoping you buy the right things on Amazon you could always go there and physically put things together and make sure you've got everything you need

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you, yes I did go to Lowe's and finally found the correct fittings. Now have quick connect female each end of hose and male on pressure washer and wand.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased my Karcher 4000 w/ 13Hp Honda GX commercial engine for $450 new. It was a factory rejects as it had literally "fell off the back of a truck" Fortunately the shop had two and I was there first, so I swapped the broken parts for the good ones and off I went. The price was good enough for the motor alone. Ive had it now 10 years and aside from carb replacement and Oil, its been a great performer. I run 93 octane and always run Lucus Carb cleaner after every season.

As for foam cannons, Im shocked what people pay for these. Ive found a cheap gun and foam cannon on Amazon and literally paid a fraction of what you all are spending.

Gun- $19

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0157U65MO/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Foam Cannon- $18

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WPKHFA6/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I will say that the gun is not the best and seems to go through O-rings but my buddy bought the same one and his works flawlessly. I replace an O-ring every 3-4 months. No biggie for the price savings.