Power washing engines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinb

Reaction score
So may have hit a large puddle ;). Engine compartment is a mess just wanted to see what all of you have had luck with.

1. Do you use a power washer/ cover any engine components?

2. do you use any engine cleaner?

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Simple green works, and so does Adams All Purpose Cleaner if you have their products. I've used a pressure washer before, but only a couple times. I prefer a garden hose as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I cover and seal my CAI with a plastic trash bag....and power wash my engine. I've been doing it weekly for the last 2 years. No issues.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the video post @Chris's FX4 and for the links @Wilson!

Here's a thread on this topic from @Mariner:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/cleaning-engine-bay-44468/#post908581

Adam's All Purpose Cleaner works great and cleaning things up, along with a couple scrub brushes. Don't forget to use Super VRT on all the hoses, rubber and plastic. It will help cover up any mud stains, and adds protection to these surfaces.

I don't recommend using a pressure washer, as it has the potential to force water into areas that it should not be. Just a gentle stream from the hose should be enough along with some brushes and elbow grease.

Here is a write-up on cleaning the engine bay:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f36/first-detail-adamized-raptor-33281/index35.html#post923822

There is also lots of good info this Detailing Guide and Quick Reference Thread.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Dan

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll add allperpose cleaner is full strength and simple green is half or less cant remember exactly.

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple Green is a good engine bay cleaner but don't use it on aluminum parts as it can speed up the corrosion process.