Paint mark on rear fender removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShiftyCapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in too much of a hurry pulling the truck out of my garage the other day and rubbed up against the side of it ever so slightly. Now there's a little bit of white paint on my rear fender. What product would work best to remove it without leaving noticeable dulling or stuffing to the matte gray fender? Check out the picture and let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.
scaled.php

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can try a pink pencil eraser... That might work. As ALWAYS, try stuff on an unnoticeable area first, such as underside.

OP
OP
ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it took more time to find a pencil than it did to actually use it. Worked pretty damn well, but there's still a little bit of white left in a few spots and some very light scratches. Any other ideas to get the last little bit off?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the white inside of the scratches? Hmm... Could try some goo-be-gone or goof-off, but I don't know how that will react with the grey pieces.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Try a extra fine polish, if that is too light go with a fine cut cleaner and follow up with the polish. If you have a clay bar that might do it.

fine cut cleaner or a cleaner wax should do the trick. it's probably latex paint anyway which is water soluable. just try dish liquid in warm water with a microfiber cloth before anything.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
It could be worse. I drove into the backyard to grab something from the guest house real quick one night. I parked next to our black flatbed trailer, I got what I needed and hurried to leave and forgot all about the trailer. I didn't hit it hard, just hit it in the wrong spot. It didn't buff out so easily.
l-1.jpgl.jpg