Order of Applying Adam's Polishes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi All:

I have a 2014 Tuxedo Black Raptor SVT. It's the new family member.

On the recommendations contained herein, I picked up a suite of the Adam's Polishes products. Namely the general wash and detail kit and the paint sealant.

Can anyone advise me on what the proper application order is for the application of the paint sealant, H20 guard and the buttery wax.

Because I have the whole kit, my thought is that it should go: General wash --> Detail spray and clay --> Paint sealant --> H20 Guard --> Buttery Wax. I am a novice so I would like to confirm.

Also, I do have the vinyl RAPTOR hood wrap. My thought is that I can apply the general wash and detail spray to the wrap, but leave off the remaining products listed above. Again, I would like to confirm.

If anyone has any other tips to make my paint look great and keep it that way, please let me know. I garage it at night and on the weekends, but I park in an open lot in the California sun during working hours.

Thanks in advance.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All:

I have a 2014 Tuxedo Black Raptor SVT. It's the new family member.

On the recommendations contained herein, I picked up a suite of the Adam's Polishes products. Namely the general wash and detail kit and the paint sealant.

Can anyone advise me on what the proper application order is for the application of the paint sealant, H20 guard and the buttery wax.

Because I have the whole kit, my thought is that it should go: General wash --> Detail spray and clay --> Paint sealant --> H20 Guard --> Buttery Wax. I am a novice so I would like to confirm.

Also, I do have the vinyl RAPTOR hood wrap. My thought is that I can apply the general wash and detail spray to the wrap, but leave off the remaining products listed above. Again, I would like to confirm.

If anyone has any other tips to make my paint look great and keep it that way, please let me know. I garage it at night and on the weekends, but I park in an open lot in the California sun during working hours.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for getting on board the Adam's Shine Train!

Your plan looks good, just a few suggestions.

After the wash, dry the truck before claying.

The Detail Spray is used as the lubricant for the claying, so there is no reason to apply it to the graphics, as you would not clay the vinyl.

To get the longest duration of protection from the Paint Sealant, it should be applied to clean, bare paint. I prefer to wash off the residue from the claying, rather than try and wipe it off with towels. It is faster, and gives you the cleanest surface for the Paint Sealant to bond to, which means it lasts longer.

Once you have the Paint Sealant applied, there is no real need to layer additional products. I would suggest saving the H2O Guard & Gloss application until your next normal wash. For the Buttery Wax, you can apply it when you want to add a little extra shine, or just need some detailing therapy...quality time with the Raptor!

Also, check out this thread for additional information, including links to various write-ups:

Adam's Polishes Detailing Guide and Quick Reference Thread

D

Deleted member 12951

For the matte hood graphic; revive hand polish (use a glove otherwise your hands will be blue) or use that blue hex grip. This gets out any blemishes. Then Matte detailer for the win!