Opticoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Betty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the OptiCoat professionally put on at my house. The guy spent 5+ hours prepping the exterior and applying the finish. It's been a few months now and it really adds a layer of protection that I've never seen with any wax that I've ever used. The guy suggested that I pick up Chemical Guys Wash and Wax, and showed me how to wash my car in an hour with a total of 2-4 gallons of water. The wax component in the wash and wax makes dirt and dust fly off of the Raptor, and the wax adds to the beeding off of water. I think I could get more time out of the opti-coat with my new routine.

Last edited:

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a Mercedes Benz GL450 on a lease, not sure if it was Optic coat, xpel etc etc but they added it in the price without asking if I wanted it. $395.00 extra. They said it came in with it on.

LOL, so I guess it does have some benefit if they want it on the car they are getting back in 3 years.

Its not on my Raptor, I am garaged 100% of the time.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You would know if it is Xpel. Xpel is a clear film that's stuck on the surface. You can see it at seams if you look close.

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opti-Coat for Your Raptor...anyone?

Hey guys and girls, I have a friend who recommended me a shop that does Opti-Coat and he will be doing my entire Raptor the following week for a rather good price. He will even be going over the graphics to give them an added protection from the elements.

Has anyone here done opti-coat? What do you think of it if so?

Opti Coat 2.0 / Opti-Coat Pro

My next step after that is to Linex the fender walls.

Black Betty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
big fan and it has really made the original paint job high deff. I've had it on for several months and it appears to be holding up. I've always waxed my vehicles and this takes it to a whole new level.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had it done when I bought mine. Looks good and helps to protect the paint from ... well shit I drive through. Most of the pinstiping buffs out when I get back from off road trips.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine off caked in mud from Spring13, took him a good 13hrs for the wash, lots of de-striping, and opticoat... $440

983F-44F2729BE716-174-000000BE8092E483_zpsddc8c644.jpg