Opticoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make sure you read All of the reviews on this product. Not every one is a glowing testimonial. I have seen it on a vehicle that was professionally applied and cannot offer any comment on it except that it is not for me. The vehicle had the product on for about 9 months and had just come through the car wash.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far I love my opticoat. Very glad I did this. A quick wash & detail spray, and it looks like I just used a machine to wax it.

It can be applied to decals. It's on my hood decal. And he applied it over the Xpel also.

Black Betty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Raptor done today. I live in Dallas Tx and used Scottwax.com to put the Opticoat on. The Rsptor is 4 weeks old and total time required to complete was 4 hours. It looks better than it did the day I picked it up from the dealer. I'll add some pictures as well as a follow up review. I'm really happy with the immediate results and highly recommend this guy.

$450
4 hours
Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing 817-235-5376

krypt0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dropped off my raptor at my detail shop for complete detail, paint correction and GTECHNIQ application.

My original plans were to go with Opti Coat 2.0 or 22PLE VX1 Pro, but the Master Detailer says the GTECHNIQ is a bit better than 22ple and Opticoat (mostly because it will last longer).
The results are absolutely stunning on the Ferrari 599 GTB, 599 GTO, Rolls Royce Ghost, Audi R8 and Lamborghini LP570-4 Performante he just completed using this stuff.

I hope to have some pictures of the detail progress and end result in a few days.

TLDR: You really can't go wrong with either OptiCoat, 22ple or Gtechniq products (as long as it's applied correctly).

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have done this, I am having the Venture Shield clear wrap put on the front and Opti Coating the rest. My detailer tells me the Opti Coat works great on the plastic trim such as the bed rails. Did you guys have it applied to the plastic trim also? Thanks

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm looking to get my entire truck washed, clay barred, polished, and Opti-coated about a week after I get it. I was looking into the Xpel Ultimate self-healing wrap, but that would probably cost over $4K and I just can't justify that right now.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had Xpel on the leading surfaces (hood, front of fenders & mirrors, etc), and it was $400. On the new truck I'm gonna get it again, but also add the A-pillars and leading edge of the roof.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had Xpel on the leading surfaces (hood, front of fenders & mirrors, etc), and it was $400. On the new truck I'm gonna get it again, but also add the A-pillars and leading edge of the roof.

I was looking at covering the entire truck in Xpel Extreme, the self-healing film. That way I'd never have to worry about scratches. But I think I'll be going with Opti-Coat instead.

lathrash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Raptor done today. I live in Dallas Tx and used Scottwax.com to put the Opticoat on. The Rsptor is 4 weeks old and total time required to complete was 4 hours. It looks better than it did the day I picked it up from the dealer. I'll add some pictures as well as a follow up review. I'm really happy with the immediate results and highly recommend this guy.

$450
4 hours
Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing 817-235-5376

Scottwax is the man. I use Opti Seal because of him and couldn't be happier.