OCD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys my truck is covered in spider swirls. I guess it got washed wrong a couple times and now I'm paying for it whenever I look at it in direct sunlight. The paint itself is in immaculate condition but the clear coat has good spider webbing. Will a good machine buff and wax get this out? Thanks!

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, as long as you pay attention and go slow. Contact one of the Adam's guys on the forum to get you hooked up.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wrap it and be done with it. Yes, you can buff it out but eventually the swirls will be back. Wrap it and the wrap will always protect your car.

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought about it many times... Do you know where I would do this, personally? I am moving to Phoenix in about a month. I would be willing to spend no more than 1500-2000 on this though. Is it really worth it?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup a polisher and some good swirl remover from Adams and it will come right out.

Do u wash it yourself? If so do a two bucket wash to help with not making new swirls. Also use a very good/ soft drying towel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do wash it myself and I normally do use a two bucket method. I got antsy one day and had to get clay off without washing it and I basically washed a dirty truck with a dirty rag. Stupid of me but I learned my lesson -.-

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you're moving to phoenix soon?

ignore the spider swirls. Put desert pinstripes across the truck and you won't even notice spider swirls anymore

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, machine polishing is what it will take to remove those defects in your paint.

Once you have them fixed, then proper wash technique/materials will keep them from coming back. Any time you touch your paint, you run the risk of inducing swirls/scratches, so using high quality wash pads/mitts and towels will keep you from having to polish more often than necessary.