No Rinse Wash & Shine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon.com: Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine (ONR) 32oz: Automotive

I purchased this stuff a couple of months back when it was cold outside and I was just interested in getting some of the dirt off the hood/sides. I figured I would eventually give it a shot. In effect, it's the same basic stuff as one of those quick detailers. You mix an ounce with 2 gallons of water, soak a rag and very lightly wipe off the car using a LOT of the solution. You then use a microfiber towel to dry the car.

I was pretty skeptical but I tried the stuff today and it seems to work pretty well. I would not recommend it on heavy dirt but on light stuff, it actually does what it claims. I would just make sure you use plenty of the solution and rinse the rag really well between panels.

OP
OP
Lucky14

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, basically you can just quickly wash/dry inside your garage or when it's cold out and you dont want to spray water all over the place. It's not one of those must-have ideas but I figured I would post it anyway...

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
avoid spray cleaners and waterless car washes at all costs. water is the key to a scratch free wash.

OP
OP
Lucky14

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely agree but this is a bit different. You use a TON of water with this stuff. So it's more like a real "wash". The solution is very slippery which I assume is why it works. I would never recommend doing this on grit or mud. But we are getting a ton of pollen right now and this stuff works well on it.

You can now make fun of the fact that I actually give a chit about pollen on a truck intended to roll around in sand and mud...:)

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I absolutely agree but this is a bit different. You use a TON of water with this stuff. So it's more like a real "wash". The solution is very slippery which I assume is why it works. I would never recommend doing this on grit or mud. But we are getting a ton of pollen right now and this stuff works well on it.

You can now make fun of the fact that I actually give a chit about pollen on a truck intended to roll around in sand and mud...:)

i'll use a spray detailer on pollen and dust, nothing more. and only on the hood usually because there's little risk of road grime after a few days. i know the product you're talking about. i would consider using it on like a weekend driver that only comes out when it's dry and sunny but still...hazing and swirl marks add up.

OP
OP
Lucky14

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I also have to say I would NEVER use this kind of stuff on a black vehicle. Every little swirl shows there...

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Yea, I also have to say I would NEVER use this kind of stuff on a black vehicle. Every little swirl shows there...

what are your thoughts on using a Brillo pad and Goof Off to clean the paint? :rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20