No respect...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took a drive along the Columbia River and the bugs did not respect the Raptor at all. Front end is coated. It is well waxed and they will come off fairly easily, but, I have a question.

Anyone use the spray on "Bug Off" prior to getting bugged?? I see it advertised and the local NAPA shop says it works. Spray it on right over your wax and it's water soluble, so you just hose it and the bugs wash right off.

I see something like it also advertised in Groits.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not an expert but anything that is strong enough to just remove bugs or tar will take off your wax too.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big Hint: An hour or so before you actually wash the truck, turn the sprinkler on it. It softens everything up. Not only do you do less scrubbing, but it's easier on the paint.

Reaction score
Big Hint: An hour or so before you actually wash the truck, turn the sprinkler on it. It softens everything up. Not only do you do less scrubbing, but it's easier on the paint.

That's a great idea, like a presoak. Unless its hot out, then it just creates water spots

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not an expert but anything that is strong enough to just remove bugs or tar will take off your wax too.

He said it's something you put on before hand, and it just washes off, removing anything that's on top of it as well.

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some used dryer sheets, wet them and wipe down the front of your truck. They will come right off and wont damage your paint.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have any problem removing them, that's not the question.

Anyone using "Bug Off" or something similar?? It's a water soluble product you put on right over your wax BEFORE your drive and then it just washes right off, bugs and all.

If you're not familiar with it, google Groits and look at the product.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The new name and formula is called Bug Barricade, still made by Griots. And no, I haven't used it. Looks interesting though.

Just curious as to what kind of wax you are using? With some of the sealants and coatings I use, bugs come right off with a simple rain shower.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I should have posted why I really wanted the stuff. The grille... I find it a pain in the butt to get really clean. Everything else cleans easily.