Need advice on washing my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDeaner

Reaction score
I work in the concrete industry and my truck sees daily visits to the plants which inevitably cakes it in a thin layer of cement dust which wreaks havoc on the paint. My current truck (black) has more swirl marks on it than I can count because I wash it so often. The car wash I use is NOT touchless but I use it because its all I can wash for $50 a month... I'd like to keep my Magnetic Raptor as clean looking as possible (which means bi-weekly if not daily washes) but also want to keep the paint as pristine as possible. Is it possible to have my cake and eat it too?

I've begun looking into some coatings and such but I don't know if there's anything that can stand up to the fine cement dust which acts like sandpaper...

Thoughts?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Short answer...nope.

Long answer...bi-weekly or daily trips through the automatic wash and you're going to get swirls. A ceramic coating might help some, but they will still scratch, especially with cement dust on the paint.

The only way you are going to avoid getting swirls in the paint of your new truck is to hand wash it, using a pressure washer to get as much of the cement dust off as you can, than use good technique, products and tools to prevent swirls.

Two Dogs

Reaction score
Get a pressure washer and leave it hooked up. Every day hit the truck when you get home. Hand wash on weekends. I had a black Mustang and worked at a smelter.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree a paint protection film would be the way to go.

You need to invest in a pressure washer and cr spotless. Foam cannon, Adams soap, wash pad, clay bar and paint sealant. And some good quality micro fiber towels. Stay away from the $50/month auto wash.

You bought a $70,000 truck, so a $1000 or so dollars isn't to bad to invest on keeping it looking new. But you'll have to enjoy doing it too, otherwise it be a waste of money.