Mothers metal polish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Showed my buddy today my new Raptor and he was blown away. Hes a serious truck guy and could not believe everything about our trucks. Not really familiar with Raptors. He was looking at the exhaust and mentioned that metal polish would really do a number on the tips. I came home since I had half way thought about the Ford Racing tips you can buy and started putting some Mothers metal polish on them. It takes a little works but it is INCREDIBLE how they look now. I have a silver 2012 and I like that it still looks stock but its a good idea if you want to clean up that raw steal look.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip stutide. I normally ignore my exhaust tips lol, I just hate polishing and cleaning them, But I'll give it a whirl the next nice day we have!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks terrific! But I'm not so sure that the tips are stainless steel. If you put a magnet on them, the magnet will stick. Most grades of stainless steel don't behave that way. So what you may have done is polish off a thin aluminum coating to reveal bare rust-prone steel. Geeze, I hope not. But if that turns out to be true, you can knock the rust off, and paint it with a coat of high-temp primer and two coats of matt black high temp paint as I did. It's been a year and no problems.

Attachments

• Tail Pipes.jpg
    Tail Pipes.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 59