Meguiars cleaner wax #6: Great Stuff!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used it again for the first time in a few years (12 actually) to wax my 1 ton. Man, this stuff is Bad-Ass!! I used DX330 to get the road tar off, then a clay bar and spray detailer to get everything else off, then the cleaner wax on a buffer. All I can say is AMAZING! I did 2 coats and applied it a a low speed with the buffer then polished it off with a microfiber towel and the truck paint looks new again. For the record, the truck is a '95 with original paint. I highly recommend it and plan to use it on the Raptor when needed.:waytogo: Here is a crappy iPhone pic:

2ce975b6.jpg

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to use Meguiars cleaner wax. Until it wore through the clear coat and cost me a paint job.

Take it from me: Use cleaner wax only occasionally, and never on a new vehicle.

OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... Really. That's a 95' with original paint in Anchorage AK. I'm sold. Very Nice!
Hard to believe...but yes, it is. Daily driver, hauler, towmobile for the last 16 years.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

looks like a dent in the door???

Yep, got that in '98. I drove over a 2x6 lying in the driveway and it flipped up and hit the door and the fender in about 3 places:Grenade:

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Yeah, I used to use Meguiars cleaner wax. Until it wore through the clear coat and cost me a paint job.

I can see how that could happen with almost any abrasive polish. I think I'm ok since this is the first wax job in 12 years.:waytogo:

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
?

So is there a product that works like that without being abrasive? I'm getting ready to buff my tux black and don't want to F it up.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If a cleaner wax ruins a paint job on a new car then something is wrong. I do not use it because I never need it.... I posted a thread on taking care of your paint..